Is it true that when men dress fashionably it could be a turn off?

Looking classy and sharp or keeping the more causal i dont give a fuck look?

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in Italy so to me fashion sense in a guy is important, but without overdoing it. I don't like overly sloppy guys as much as I don't like guys that own more clothes than I do! Some girls however might prefer a sloppy guy or one that is overly into fashion!
    If a guy has a nice lean body anything looks good on him, even a tshirt with jeans, the important thing is to look neat and effortlessly elegant!

• How much is too much in your opinion?

• http://le-21 eme. com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/5653-Le-21eme-Adam-Katz-Sinding-Giotto-Calendoli-Mohamad-Ayoubi-Milan-Fashion-Week-Spring-Summer-2014_AKS2875. jpg

Guy on the left is just right, guy on the right is too much :) (to see the picture paste the two parts of the link together, I can't post links because I am level 1)

• lol the link didn't work

What Girls Said 6

• In my eyes there is nothing to compare with a really smartly dressed and well groomed guy. :)

• No, I love a well dressed guy!!!

• Nothing is hotter than a well dressed guy:)

• depends on how he looks like

• I love it when a guy dresses up

• I honestly prefer a well dressed guy, but not to the point that it looks kind of cheesy. If that makes sense? I like the "I tried, yet I didn't try" look. Like a basic white or black button up shirt and nice dress pants. That is so attractive! But when you go all out with the button up shirt, dress pants and the big jacket. Like blazers I think. Then it comes off kind of like you are trying too hard, but simple, yet dressy is perfect.

What Guys Said 3

• It's relative to how they are dressed (and demographic--dress for the kind of girl you want). If you outclass everyone by a landslide, you are going to come off as unattainable. Be the best dressed person in the room--but not so decisively that people feel inferior.

• All depends on what kind of woman you're looking to attract or what kind of demographic you're tryng to blend in with. Social circles man, if you dress like a fake tanned, tribal tattoo, polo shirt, spikey hair wearing 'bro' you're likely to only attract the kind of female in that demographic, you dress like them one direction guys, you're pandering to that kind of female, ect.

There is no definitive answer, everybody has different tastes, tho, no amount of nice clothes and fresh cut will make up for shit social skills, they're more important than superficial wank when it comes to getting along with people, which translates to getting laid if that's what you're aiming for.

Meh.

• Getting laid is not really what im going for its more about setting a good first impression and conveying a good message about myself

• but yes i do understand its a very good point

• Numerous psychological studies show that well dressed people are treated much nicer than those who just wear plain clothes. I've noticed it myself.

You don't have to dress fashionably, but it certainly makes a difference when you put effort into the way you dress yourself.

• Well I like dressing more fashionably but sometimes I avoid it because I feel that it I would be over doing it when I shift between styles due to the sudden change