Your opinion on Axe body spray?

Ok, this is something that I've been wondering about.

A bunch of my friends and a ton of guys I know, myself included, claim that they can't stand the smell of Axe (especially when overdone in a gym locker room).

On the other hand I know a ton of girls that claim they love the way Axe smells.

What I want to know is if this is the same elsewhere.

Guys and girls, do you like the smell of Axe body spray and if so why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't necessarily like it or hate it, it depends on the actual flavor of the smell, some are a lot stronger than others and less pleasant as with all body sprays and perfume.

Axe is similar to Lynx, except for the fact that I think Axe has fruitier flavors of smells than what Lynx has from my experience of seeing guys use these products.

It also depends how you spray it, if you spray loads of it all over yourself, it can become too much to handle with the sense of smell, but if you spray twice with a swift movement it get's a smoother more gentle smell and effect when you're close to someone in their rader of sensing your smell.

What Girls Said 14

• i hate it, it's so cheap smelling and when you walk by someone wearing it, the fragrance hits you like a brick wall. and if a guy wearing it gets in my car, my seats smell like axe; it's gross.

• Can't stand it. At all. It makes me feel sick to my stomach... lots of guys I used to hang out with practically bathed in the stuff so I just can't handle it anymore.

• I don't really like it I think young high school boys wear it I like guys to wear some nice cologne from the department store.

• axe does stink go with abercrombie cologne. awesome!

• I hate it personally. Everyone sprays wayyyy too much of it on themselves too :(

• I don't like it, I find it too strong

• Ew, I cannot STAND the smell of axe. >.< No way.

• EW, to me it yells "I was too lazy to shower so I decided to cover the stench with too much axe". Also my friend who's anaphylactic had to go to the hospital because her throughout closed up because her boyfriend wore too much axe.

• To me axe and tag are the cheapest smelling body spray ever made. The axe shower gel is alright but the body spray is a complete turn off. I can't stand it. Its overpowering and nauseating.

• I don't care for it.

• To be honest. It's a turn off for me if the guy uses Axe.

• i think it smells nasty but my best friend likes the smell I guess it differs on who you are

• I don't like it.

• I don't like it. The smell is overpowering, and if I'm around a guy wearing it for too long, the smell rubs off on me which is more annoying. When I think of Axe or Tag body spray, I just think of a very tacky, immature guy. Not nice at all.

What Guys Said 3

• I've heard that IN MODERATION, Axe isn't too bad, but it has never been the chick magnet the ads would have us believe. In the amounts used on the commercials, most people, guys and girls, gag and run away from that overpowering stench. In short, now, I don't think there are many people out there that actually LIKE that smell.

• It's a cheap smelling body spray. No one who should buy it.

• Not the best stuff in the world. It's too-----overwhelming. Period.