Should I color my hair blond? can you even do that if you have natural red hair?

Like will the color stick? because I tried coloring it blond once and nothing happened..

Most Helpful Guy

• Now why would you want to hide that hair? Try it out though, might look good. Dont keep it for long term though because i think red hair is a blessing.

• Thanks :)

• I see what you mean. Why not try out some new colors right? haha you never know. It could completely change people's perspective of you. Blonde for the most part gives an aura of a bright personality, innocent and nice. If thats who you are then by all means go for that blonde hair.

• i appreciate the MH!

What Guys Said 3

• No I love redheads dont change a thing!

• have you ever tried... PURPLE? i believe it will suit you XD

• Haha I know you're kidding but I actually have had purple hair and it was tragic XD

• You look nice the way you are now? Why do you want ot change it?

• I just want a little change :) but not as drastic as when I was 13 and colored my hair purple lol.

• I don't know. To me, it looks very nice now and it matches your eyes

• Well thanks! maybe I'm just trying to fit in Finland's full of blonds xD

What Girls Said 8

• You'd have to bleach it first. Best left to professionals so you don't damage hair.

But why would you want to?

• Well my mom is a hairdresser so she could do it, but I didn't ask this from her because I know for a fact she really wouldn't want me to color it and I don't know why just to get some change I guess.

• If you're wanting a change, which I totally support, why not bleach out small sections of hair and use funky colours? Maybe a bright fire engine red or maroon to complement hair, or add in a bit of aubergine (plum purple) or simply blonde highlights.

Keep your base color natural though. Red is gorgeous and highly coveted.

• Of course if you can do it with black hair you an do it with red hair. You just need to go to a salon and get it bleached, but if your really good do it yourself

• OMG don't !!! You're hair is already a great color!

• I wish I were a natural redhead, it's so nice and classy, gives an impression that you're smart and strong. Why not keep it and add some blonde streaks and highlights.

• Red hair is really hard to colour. You should first bleach it then, but why do you want to do that. Blonde only make you look pale and red hair is so awesome to have.

• I think your natural color looks great, but maybe try strawberry blond? might be easier

• Best ask a hair dresser to be sure. I tried dyeing mine once in my early teens. It went an orange/red hated it so much I went to black to cover it.

• You have beautiful hair! I think it'd be a waste of time tbh, be proud of your ginger roots!