If you see a girl wearing a lot of diamonds do you assume she is rich?

Just wondering your thoughts.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible she's affluent, although it would be uncommon for her to have achieved it herself at a young age, but certainly not impossible. Also could be wealthy family or significant other. She could have stolen them, purchased them on credit and can't actually afford them, maybe they aren't real diamonds.

I don't like assuming negative things, so I'll assume they're real diamonds obtained legally, that either she purchased or received as a gift. So is she rich? Can't know unless you talk to her.

So for me, the real question is this: is she wearing them well, and am I attracted to her? If so, might as well chat her up.

What Guys Said 20

• diamonds are usually a thing girls don't buy for themselves. so im guessing, rich boyfriend.

• I assume she's never seen Blood Diamond or read about the African diamond trade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaqQjIzIbiY

The only diamond I will ever buy/wear is one I mined myself. Otherwise you're likely financing proxy wars for radical groups.

Cubic zirconite is just as good, cheaper and undetectable by anyone but graduate gemologists.

• THANK YOU! everyone thinks I'm weird for feeling this way. I would seriously leave a guy if he ever bought me diamonds.

• Neither do I, about you. Happy trails!

• Why would you? Silly man.

• If she's young i asume she's either a daddys girl, or a gold digger.
    If she's young it depends on personality. Either gold digger or self-made

• Um, okay

• i do understand the concept of har work, but i also understand the concept of responsible economic behavior. And at my age, spending lots of money on jewlery is a BAD idea! That is money you would've needed when buying smoething REALLY important like a house (here the banks demand you have ~10% of the sum you intend to loan as saved up money). Oftentimes you'll be really short on capital unless you actively save up, hence why it is a bad idea at such a young age. Even 1000usd saved means you can rent 10000usd.

Understand now why it's a bad idea to spend it on jewlery instead of using them for something that matters?

• No, I understand you don't have money, but that's okay.

• I can't tell a real diamond from a fake and I don't really pay attention to the jewelry someone wears.

• I'd probably just think she has bad taste.

• She is wearing a lot of diamond to show them off I'd assume she's a gold digger that just hook a rich guy

Wealthy woman may have nice jewels but if you notice they wear in moderation or events and not a lot at once.

many wealthy people like to look poor so as not to be targeted for their money , while people with less have to over compensate an show off , like your question where the girl was wearing a lot of diamonds to tell every one she is rich

• Either rich or extremely irresponsible with her money. More than anything, I think she's high maintenance.

• I assume.. the owner is praying his insurance will pay up, asap ;)

• Well, that's foolish on your part.

• So was the owner for not locking them up securely :p

• Well diamonds don't come cheap at all. Even if she's not rich she has to be at least reasonably well off to be able to afford a lot of diamond jewellery. So, yes I would assume that she is well off.

• real diamonds... yes!

• ide think there fake

• No just tacky.

• I assume her father is.

• No she was probably given them

• diamond digger/ fake lol

• I assume she's a materialistic bitch. And run fast!

• If they're real... and not cubic zirconium

• no i don't I'm rich so I know the difference

• New money or old money?

• a bit of both yes I was born in to money but left home at 18 to make it on my own so made my own money and I am worth more then my family and have many more billions of pounds then them not that that matters or makes a difference to us.

• Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

• No, I assume she wastes money, which likely means that she's poor.

• Okay... that's an odd way to think

• You're a chump. Go clean some toilets.

• I agree with the opinion owner.

What Girls Said 10

• I doubt that I would ever notice a girl's diamonds. I am not very observing in regards to jewelries.

• You said GIRL not WOMAN. So it can only be 1 of 2 things either her father is rich or her boyfriend, husband, "big daddy" is. I highly doubt that she purchased them herself.

• I made most of my jewelry myself, except for my wedding ring and an antique cross that I always wear.

• anyone would assume that, and many would try to rob them, one of the reasons why i hate jewelry = w =

• Couldn't agree more.

• Everything you have can be stolen, your clothes, your ring, your husband, your joy, even your life. Not wearing something to prevent theft is odd. It's not living to your fullest.

• i agree fully, to restrict myself is to restrict my life, but doing or liking something im not interested in or like is just as much a waste, everyone has their own values, and not everyone has the same, jewelry won't make me happy and other than its sentimental, cultural and historic significance i find not interest in it, if i could i'd even go back in time just to stop my mom from forcing me to get ear-piercings

• No, I'd assume they were fake and that she doesn't have good style.

• What does not having good style have to do with anything. Diamonds are classic.

• Should have posted a pic of what you're taking about.

• Talking*

• I only assume she's a dumb snob.

• Your jealously shows lol

• You're free to disagree, but have no right to comment when I didn't ask for one.

• If you didn't want a comment, you shouldn't of answered. If you want to be jealous that's okay. I'm use to dealing with people that can't stand my success, but where there is one person hating, there are 12 more wanting to buy the jewelry I make.

• no, i just admire the diamonds

• Yes I would

• So many girls buy fake stuff.
    They just like bling-y stuff is all.

• I would assume that she's indestructible.

• That her or her parents are.