What do I put on my infected earlobes?

So I bought these cute sterling sliver stud earrings and I guess i left them in too long and they irriated my ears or something. To make a long story short I have had my ears pierced since I was a toddler so I am not sure why the piercing got infected.

Most Helpful Girl

• Put rubbing alcohol on your earlobes every day till your ears heal up, and avoid wearing earrings till they heal. It's important you use rubbing alcohol instead of hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is a weak acid, that's why it bubbles. Its fine to put it on once in a while, but not everyday because it'll make the healing process longer.

What Guys Said 2

• Stop wearing the earrings, use ice to help reduce the swelling, than clean the area with rubbing alcohol, and crush up a garlic clove and apply a minute amount of the crushed garlic to the effected area. When garlic is crushed it produced allicin which is a compound that kills fungus and bacteria.

• I would guess that Neosporin antibiotic ointment is good
    rubbing alcohol , peroxide is good too.. just use it to you see
    the infection clear up.

What Girls Said 5

• Sterling silver shouldn't infect them, but put some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball and apply it to ear lobes twice a day until they're better.

• Yeah, try using hydrogen peroxide in a cotton ball and rub your ear with it. You can also go to a store that specializes in jewelry and piercings and they may have some kind of solution or topical cream you can use,

Good luck! <3

• it's not likely that you would get an infection from silver, as silver actually sterilizes but you could be allergic. you should see your doctor.

• Are they just red and itchy or are they pussing and swelling up?

• That happened to me. My moms solution and so far 22 years of being right is wear some GOLD earrings and the infection will go away.