Should I wait till I'm 18 to get a tattoo?

I have the option to get my first tattoo for Christmas. but I don't know if getting it at 16 will ruin my 18year old experience haha, opinions?

• Wait
  • Don't Wait

Most Helpful Guy

• Get it now, if you're going to make a bad decision, why wait until you're an adult?

What Guys Said 7

• When I was a little kid, I asked my much older cousin why he had a tattoo of John Lennon's "Immagine" drawing instead of something cooler like a skull.

He told me that the thing to remember with tattoos is: Whatever you think is cool when you're 20 years old, might not be so cool when you're 80.

That's my advice to you. THINK about what you're getting.

More importantly, think about WHERE you're getting your tattoo. I once met a kid with FTW tattooed on his cheek. Nobody is going to hire some punk kid with a Fuck The World tattoo on his face.

All 8 tattoos on my arms can be covered by long sleeves and the lowest one is still 3" above my wrist.
    I also have the Pittsburgh STEELERS logo tattooed on my right calf muscle. My job requires me to wear long pants. Even in the desert heat.

Nobody in my industry cares about my arm tattoos. I wear short sleeves at work. I have a flaming Chevy bowtie on the inside of my right bicep, the new CAMARO lettering in flames on my right tricep. I have a Treble Clef on my right inner forearm and "Rock N Roll" on my right outter forearm.

My left outter forearm says Lucky 13. The inner forearm has a skull with a snake for a tongue that wraps around behind it like The Dark Mark from Harry Potter. I just thought it was cool as fuck. I've got a massive demon face with horns and blood on the teeth covering the whole top of my left forearm, and the underside of my left forearm is a tribal design.

If I was thinking about what I was doing, I would have gotten all of my arm work done as sleeves. My left arm below the elbow will eventually be all horror tattoos with tribals mixed in. Above the left elbow will be biomechanical but not the retarded gears and cogs visible through torn skin. It will be all car parts.

My right arm above the elbow will be all Chevrolet performance. And below the elbow will be Rock N Roll and guitar designs cause I play Rock guitar.

I want a bunch more on my front, back, and sides. No more legs.

• if I live to be 80, I think I'll have better things on my mind then regretting that I got tattoos :p

• I'm saying that you could regret it later. You might decide that it wasn't such a great idea. One of my tats is a cover up.

• think long and hard about the tattoo

too many girls are getting these stupid quotes about life -_- or something with feathers, and its really irritating. If you want a tattoo get something with really good artwork put into it. Something that people will be like wow that is cool

• you can't do now if you want to

• Wait. I know someone who is 28. Just got a tattoo last week, bit of a rushed depiction and she already regrets it. Don't get one untill you are 100% certain that you want one and you know what you want.

• Yes! if anything wait even longer because you may not even be sure thats what you really want.

• Don't know what the tattoo laws are in Canada but in America you can't get a tat while you're a minor unless you have parental consent first.

• You won't even want it in two years.

What Girls Said 4

• In most country, you have to be 18 to get a tattoo and there's a reason for it. If a tattoo artist accept minor, he's not professional. Two years is nothing.

• You should Wait, you might regret it. But let few years pass by and if you still want to do it.. You should, but right now you are young

• When it comes to tattoos my advice is to always wait.

• Wait!! You don't think the same way when you are 16 as 18 or 20! :)