OMG my boyfriend wants to buy a fedora, how do I talk him out of it?

This morning my bf was telling me he liked how they look and he was thinking of getting one

How do I stop him? He called me m'lady during breakfast too!! Pls help :( :(

And the winner is @DoraLikesSugar

Thanks for playing, everyone! :D

Bonus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHa8ikoNy3I

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 24

• Make a naughty headwear choice as well and surprise him with it :-)
    Suggestion...
    image.rakuten.co.jp/.../bd72_900.jpg?_ex=128x128

• I don't see the problem. It sounds like he has the confidence to do his own thing. Tell him how you feel and respect his decision.

• But he will look bad, why does he want to change now?

• Like those fat ugly guys who creep at pony p*rn?

• How does a fedora enter into that line of thinking? I think you may have a bigger issue with him watching my little pony than him getting a fedora. Fedoras are not mainstream so it is reminding you of how he is also different by watching my little pony.

• Your boyfriend is a real man... he wants to wear what the hell he wants regardless of what "popular perception" is. :-D

• Fedoras are classic hats but they are a suit hat and should only be worn with a suit not anything else and when a fedora is pared with a good suit it does echo a classy look. Especially with three piece suits I'd let him get one but just warn him that he will look rather silly if he wears one with casual clothes for casual clothes I will suggest a panama hat they look kind of like fedoras but are made for hot weather and casual clothes.

• Is he fat? Like, orca fat? Does he have a neckbeard? Or an actual beard?

If so, he's just completing the look. If not... has he started eating too much and stopped shaving?

• He is not fat. Do you think he will turn into a fat ugly neckbeard if he starts wearing fedoras?

• Google 'fat guy fedora' and you will see it is a thing. I knew a guy who had the official Indiana Jones fedora. The only thing bigger than his gut was the screen he played WoW on.

Tell him it will make him look like something, and it's not classy. Unless a hat is part of a carefully cultivated look, it will not look classy or cool - especially not with jeans with a t-shirt!

• I showed him and he still thinks it looks good. I dont know what to do!

• LET THE BOY WEAR WHAT HE WANTS MHMMMM

• but it looks so bad!

• But I love him and would never do that! Its just this stupid hat idea that bugs me..

• You could always grab his dick in the shower, kiss him really passionately and say "Please don't get a fedora" in your super sexy voice.

• Tell him that if he wants to suck dick and watch my little pony he can do so single.

• This is hilarious. Either you're trolling everyone or he's trolling you. :P

Think the fedora is a genuinely cool hat if it weren't for the internet stigmatizing it.

• Fedora's look kinda wanky and too 1930's fashion if you don't me saying. Tell him that as honesty is the best policy :-)

• If he wore a suit with it, he would look good, but he wants to wear it with casual clothes and i think its terrible

• With a suit yes but a big NO with casual clothes!!! People will think it's wanky too!!!

• I'm sure he doesn't approve of all your fashion choices. If you truly hate it, feed it to the dog.

• Hahahaha I love how that bothers you so much. Women...

• You should wear a bonnet to give him a taste of his own medicine.

• Fedoras are for pussies. Get your boyfriend a tricorn.

• You need to say a "real man asks his lady for her opinion before he buys something" and tbh fedora's are very unfashionable

• Fedoras are smexy... m'lady haha

• Just tell him your opinion.

That doesn't mean he won't do it, but at least he'll know you find it terrible

• Embrace the fedora lol

• Show him a picture of a guy wearing a fedora and if he still wants one kick him where his balls should be and dump him.

• Show him this picture and show him this is his future:

i3.kym-cdn.com/.../1380697092809.jpg

• Tell him to get off Reddit.

• Google "beta cringe", and show him the results. Should do the trick of shaping him up lol

• omg those guys are awful!

• For the last 3 weeks, it's been something of a hobby to scan through those threads of beta/cringes lol

• This literally made me LOL. As for your bf... he's a loat causd I am afraid. We lose good people to fedoras too damn often.

• So do you think he will turn into a fat ugly mlp fan? :(

• I think deep down he already is.

• Wow, are you serious. Like, honest to god. Is this a serious question?

• Is he a hipster? If so, this shouldn't be very surprising.

What Girls Said 18

• RIP boyfriend of anonymous girl.

• Pls help, how do i stop him?

• Burn his fedora, while simultaneously sacrificing a white male goat in the same flames. That'll cleanse him of his sins and show him The True Path of Fedoralessness.

• If I'm not mistaken a fedora is a hat, right? So, why are you making such a huge deal
    out of your boyfriend wanting to buy a hat? I'm one of those people that doesn't think
    that just because two people are together, that they have the right to tell each other how
    to look. Whether it be man or woman that don't have the right or a say in how or what there
    signfinant other looks or dresses. This includes, makeup, tattoos, piercings, hairstyle, hair color
    hair length, clothes, shoes, perfume/cologne, underwear, etc, etc. We are each indivduals
    and we have to be happy with the way we look , because we're the ones that will be
    wearing the clothes and looking that way. So, you can tell your boyfriend you don't fedora's.
    But, you can not stop him from buying one! You can not be upset when he wears it! You
    can not assume he's gonna look bad if he wears it, because it doesn't matter if you think he
    looks bad. He's the one who has to look in the mirror. And, you absolutely can not now or
    ever dictate what he wears or what he buys! You would hate it if he did it to you, so don't
    do it to him. Simply put, you can't stop him and you shouldn't try.

• Im sorry, but a fedora is something I cannot accept!

• Its not a deal breaker, just something stupid he decided to do and I strongly disagree..

• Right, you disagree. But, you don't get to decide what he buys. Disagree all you want,
      but don't make a thing out of it. It's a hat, let it go.

• Tell him to stop getting fashion advice and style tips from 4chan or reddit.

• I don't understand the problem.

• He will look like one of those guys people make fun of

• But I love him.. he just needs to get that idea out of his head :(

• I'm out. It's like talking to a wall. There's seriously no issue with him here. It's literally all in your head.

• You need to warn him of the dangers of fedora wearing, for his own safety. Does he not understand that wearing a fedora at an inappropriate time is punishable by death!

For instance, on the third Tuesday of every other month, for three hours in the evening it is illegal for a man to be seen crossing a shadow while wearing a fedora?

Its illegal for him to eat apples in public while wearing one.

If a state of emergency is declared, anyone wearing a fedora is automatically rounded up into a work camp and forced to make bootlaces for Velcro shoes.

The list goes on, but as with any hat its important to make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

• lol damn i would love that tbh. they look so hot on some guys.
    maybe he's going through that classy phase haha. I don't know, id really enjoy seeing that.

• He's an adult, he can wear what he wants.

• Thats right he's an adult and shouldn't be wearing stupid hats that dont fit the outfit!

• He can make his own choices and just because YOU think it's "stupid" doesn't mean he thinks so. Again, he can wear what he wants.

• Awww, I'm late :(

• I'm not sure this is really an issue its like telling him he can't wear a blue shirt because you don't like it. Now if it doesn't look good on him it is okay to be honest.

• What is so bad about that

• Just flat out tell him they're fugly and you wouldn't wear one! I wouldn't want one either! Ick

• I did! and he still wants to get one! Do you have any tips on what to say?

• Pfft hahahahhaa

• Oh god. I feel so sorry for you! Hopefully its just a phase!!!

• omg me too.. :( How long do you think will last?

• Even though I'm not religious, let's pray for maximum three months. If he steppes over that line, I hate to say it.. But I think you'd loose the man you once loved :(

• I love fedoras. Fedoras are awesome. If you don't like fedoras, seek professional help.

• Only fat ugly neckbeards wear fedoras

• He might become one, if he watches mlp and wants a fedora!

• Okay, there are two types of fedora guys... the hot fashionable guys and the bronies... do not confuse one to the other.

• As terrible as fedoras are he has the right to wear what makes him happy

• But he will end up looking like those creepy guys who say m'lady all the time. How do I make him stop?

• He already knows, but still thinks its a good idea..

• Hope he grows out of it I guess...

• Fedoras are cool.. Let him wear what he wants.

• Why do you need to stop him? It's just a hat! Are you really that upset over a hat?

• The hat comes with stigma. Look at the links other users provided like beta cringe and fat guy fedora, he will look just like them and i dont want that!

• It's just a hat! This is incredibly stupid! They're just jokes! You're boyfriend has his own sense of style. What's wrong with that? It's just a hat. Let him buy it. I'm pretty sure he won't wear it 24/7. Besides it's his money and he can choose what to buy with it. What if he told you not to buy something you really liked.

• Lol, serious crisis going on here. I think you'll have to make him choose between you and the fedora.