How long does it normally take to grow a beard?

I'm not talking homeless or hipster level, but just a little bit more than a 5 o'clock shadow.

I haven't shaved for about three weeks now and while my sideburns have gotten longer, there is a light mustache, and a little hair on my chin, there isn't much density to it yet.

I'm turning twenty in January, and a lot of my family has facial hair, but I was a pretty slow developer through puberty and even now still look like I'm about 15 (hence why I'm trying to grow a beard).

Are there any things I can do to help the process?

06

Most Helpful Guy

• Three weeks of growth should give you a good idea of hair pattern growth. Unfortunately some people can't grow a full beard. It sounds like you are one. It grows in patches. If your looking for a little more than a 5 o'clock shadow, it takes me about 3 days. One of my friends who is 28 would take a year to get the same and if would be patchy. Nothing you can really do about it

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• Everyone is different dude, It takes me about a week to grow a beard, the speed in which the beard grows is also affected by how often you shave. So the less you shave the slower the beard grows and the softer it is.
    So it can be like having a big bum fluff/pubic hair beard ;)

Dont worry about it man, just take it as it comes! Life is too short to worry about facial hair lol

• I don't know how to speed it up but I get the five o clock shadow beard within like 15 hrs. A full beard would take like, 4 days if I didn't shave.

• It depends on your genetics. Some guys it the afternoon after they shave in the morning others it could a couple of days.

• It takes some guys a week and may take other guys months.

• A girl told me the other day after not shaving for 2 days that I have a beard that would make a lumberjack proud. :D