What causes those "muffin tops"

and are they unattractive?

I never notice them on anyone but myself.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, what I say is, get a jean size that truly fits you! I thought I wore a size six, but after trying that size on, its waaay too tight! I tried on an 8, and they fit me perfectly, no muffin top whatsoever. Who cares if you go up a size?! Just get jeans that aren't at all tight at your waist. That's what I learned(:

What Guys Said 2

• I remember a chick friend of mine saying that its caused by wearing shirts which show your mid-drift to often. I don't know if that's true or not though, not really my area. But nah, I truthfully don't rekon its to unattractive, unless you have a lot of fat there, but if its just a little most guys probably won't notice it.

• oh man whenever I see them I always cringe

What Girls Said 9

• "tight pants" like everyone elses says is NOT true. You're jeans can fit ya perfectly, you will still have muffin tops.

I used to have them, but since I'm really into working out they dissapeared. Try to work them out, google it, there's lots of methods.

Until then wear baby doll shirts, that are flowy and don't stick to you like tshirts or tanktops, wear things that are flattering.

• they occur when the girl has even the tiniest bit of fat on her hips and she wears a pair of pants which are too tight! every girl always noticed stuff on herself more than others. its like if you have the tiniest spot on your face, you're sure its the size of a planet and everyone is looking at it.

• Too tight pants or fat around the waist will cause them.

• Pants are too tight!

• I think people who walk out in public and have a muffin top...didn't look in their mirror.. -shudders-

• You are your worst critic. There are a lot of other girls out there that you see that probably believe they have muffin tops. Everyone is their own worst critic.

• your jeans are too tight.

• tight pants

• tight pants + love handles