How Can A Girl Become Pretty?

I'm 16 and I know that I'm ugly and well,I've never had a boyfriend or been kissed and I know it's because I'm ugly.I'm not jealous of pretty girls,nor do I go around bad mouthing pretty girls,i just look up to them and wish I could be like them.I'm not gonna post a pic to a million strangers,but I'm wondering how can a person become pretty?

And don't give me that "it's what's in the inside that counts" and "beauty is skin deep" and all of that cliche crap,cause none of it means anything.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well besides plastic surgery, you could do something with your hair, wear different kinds of makeup, wear bra's that make your boobs look big, etc. Best bet is to find a gay guy that could do a makeover thing that they do on TV.

Seriously though, 'ugly' is relative; you might think your ugly and your personality is dragged down because of it, and that's why guys might not like you. If you acted hot, you would be hotter, that's how it is for this one girl at my school. She's ok looking, but the way she walks and flips her hair and as she's walking away... Ahem.

Your 16, guys are still setting their sights on Angelina Jolie and likewise women, they'll get a reality check soon enough.

MOST IMPORTANTLY:::::: Do not lose hope. Try to get/stay more fit, but otherwise be yourself. If there are guys in the world that are attracted to someone like Britney spears and lindsey lohan, then you have a better chance than you think. Oh sh*t, it might seem i;m comparing you to them, I don't really mean that.

• OK,acting like a stuck up b!tch won't help my case either

• Everyone has I feel ugly days even the prettiest of the girls. But we don't actually look ugly then.

One can truly seem ugly when we have a bad posture or bad skin and we FEEL unfit. This is about the skindeep beauty. So, start taking care of you skin, eat healthy and exercise. within a month you will see the difference.Also, if you wanna feel good about yourself then you gotta wear pretty clothes of your own taste. There is absolutely no need of plastic surgery.. cos you are so young!!

What Guys Said 3

• hmmm. yea I agree with rawr. Just be confident. I think that a girl with a great smile is attrative. Ever1 thinks that they're ugly, because we see and know our own flaws but other people will most likely not even notice them. Yea but if you don't wear make-up you should look into it. a lot of guys dig girls that wear makeup. I personally couldn't care less but like you said you want the majority of the guys, not the smaller population. also clothes are a big thing, if you just wear sweats all the time, you might give off a vibe that looks like you don't care bout what you look like but if you just wear some jeans that show more of ur curves and some nice shirts, that truly does help. I hope some pof this works out for u

• not every guy thinks with his dick. I always look for whether a girl has a nice personality, she smiles a lot and is friendly over all. And guys like a girl who is confident about herself.

• Um yea,you represent a small population of guys

• Unfortunately yes. but that's all you have to do is find that small population and your fine.

• confidence is what you need girl!

What Girls Said 9

• Well, if you really want want adive on lookign prettier, when I lost some weight (I used to have a BMI of 25 and now its 21) and I dressed a bit differently, and I also bought some makeup and started wearing it (I went to a counter, got a makeover and they showed me how to use the stuff), I felt diffferent about myself and looked a lot better, and that in itself has made a big difference to the way I feel about myself- I wasn't 'ugly' before or even fat but I felt ugly and unattractive and that's what matters, how you actually FEEL...so do what you feel like you need to do to change your own image to be ''prettier i.e. losing weght/joining the gym like I said, buying new clothes, wearing makeup even getting a part time job or a new hobby, all these things can improve yor self esteem and make you feel more attractive xxxxx

• Sure, not all guys are going to go after an "ugly girl" with a great personality, just the good ones. The guys who you are trying to attract by trying to make yourself more physically attractive are the ones who are the one's who are going to break your heart.

Also something else to consider is that you are 16 and guys take way longer to mature than women do. You may spend your entire high school life being single but once you get older you'll realize that you will see that there will be more guys who are going to like you for the things that are worth while (the ones that are worth your time) and you will have spared yourself the "he only wanted me for my body and I slept with him and then he all up and left me" drama.

In terms of "physical beauty" some things you can do to help your case is to just take care of yourself. As other's have already mentioned, exercise and eating well will make you feel better and will overall make you look better and guys will pick up on that.

Wear clothes that look good on you or at least clothes that will fit well. So many girls try to squeeze into tops/pants that are too small for them (and let's face it, not all of us are skinny twig-people, it's a fact of life) and then you get that ugly muffin-top thing happening that makes anyone look fat and ugly.

If you want to wear makeup, don't overdo it. Makeup is supposed to accentuate what you already have and overdoing it will make you look like a clown. Personally, I only wear a bit of eye makeup to bring out my eyes and that's it. Anywhere that sells makeup will have people who will be able to give you suggestions on what products will work for you. From what my guy-friends say, most guys appreciate as natural of a look as possible.

Fragrances that smell like food (like, cinnamon, vanilla and stuff like that) are supposed to be popular with guys. Don't overdo it, but that might be a helpful idea.

As I mentioned before, I wouldn't invest too much energy into trying to impress 16 year old guys because most of them aren't going to be worth your time. Take care of yourself and try to stop being such a negative-nancy because what will attract guys more than anything is a happy, healthy, confident woman.

FYI. I was single for the entire time I was in high school (cuz I was "ugly" and the guys didn't like me) and didn't start meeting/dating guys who I liked/liked me until I started college so just because it's not happening for you now doesn't mean that it won't happen later once the boys have had a little time to grow up. Be patient and I wish you luck :)

• confidants makes a HUGE difference. I think you're personality and confidants level plays a big role in what makes you more appealing.

You can also try different makeup styles, keep in shape, get your hair done differently, wear flattering clothing, etc.

• Well firstly, stop saying that you're ugly. The more you say that, the worse you will feel. Find out which physical features are your best ones. Look in the mirror or ask someone what are your best features, and then highlight them and make them stand out. Dress in nice clothes that work for your body type (if you don't know how to do that, there are plenty of sites that can help. Try using google), and take care of your physical health and hygiene. And I know you said not to say that personality is what's important, but believe it or not, it really does play a huge role in attractiveness. A pretty girl with an awful personality can easily become ugly in peoples' eyes, and a girl who may be considered average or homely looking with a great personality can instantly become cuter and more appealing.

• Yea,um guys my age could care less about personality actually.They won't look at you unless you're pretty or hot

• Well I'm willing to take any risk

• Well, like I said, this is entirely your own decision, and so I hope that when the time comes, everything goes well for you or that you manage to find the things that are really beautiful about yourself and embrace them. Either way, good luck, and I wish you happiness.

• go to mac makeup, or any professional makeup store, and have a them do your makeup. Also, get a cute haircut and put some highlights in. Get your nails done, and get a tan if you don't have one. Get your teeth whitened/straightened. Excersize will help too, because it will release endorphins and you will feel good. remember to have a good posture, no one likes a hunchback. Also, buy a cute new outfit. This will make you feel so much prettier, and it will boost your confidence.

Also, being ugly has nothing to do with why you haven't been kissed. Even ugly people have bf's and have been kissed. Its all about being confident and loving who you are, and that will attract people, along with a good personality.

Also, you are still very young. I know guys who are 23 and still have not kissed anyone. No need to rush it.

Good Luck! :)

• Im sorry but I can't work without a picture, I could go on forever but why when I could be talking for nothing and you don't need those things. If you want you can send me a picture through a message, go to tinypic.com and upload one

• Hey, don't worry about it.

I'm 16, never been kissed, had a boyfriend or anything either. (Mostly due to my being really weirdly shy :[ )

chances are, you're not actually ugly. try changing up your look a little bit, it will probably give you more confidence about yourself and let you see that you actually are pretty.

I don't really know what you don't like about yourself, but I'll help you more if you tell me.

• find someone famous you look naturally most like that is very pretty. take a picture to the hairstylist and get ur hair cut like them but it should mostly just be a natural way to make your hair look better. like a nicer straighter or curly. then learn how to do it yourself. learn how to do makeup and how it looks good on you, you can find what's best for your hair and skin by a google search or in any magazine. fix up your clothing. if you have glasses get contacts. learn your best features and how to enhance them

be confident

u futon

• Well, first you have to love yourself, then try things like doing some exercise or activities that can develop your spirit, mind and body.

About appearance, you have to be patient, Rome wasn't constructed in 1 day, the change is little by little. First try to change your clothing style, and not only with buying new one, try to make new combinations also. Then your hair style. Next, if you want, make-up or try only to use face creams, the last one is better as my point of view.

During the process, you can see if there is a change with the others and yourself, you can see if you like it or you wanted to be the same as before. Remember that when you want to change your look, it has to be because of you and that the most important thing is to be fine with yourself, if you don't like the new you but the others, then it will be useless if you stay in that way.