Which one do you prefer Glasses or Contacts? why?

Eye glasses are said to make people look smarter along with express personality; contacts give the choice to either be truthful with clear lenses or playfully deceive through the variety of coloured ones.

• Glasses
  • Contacts
Honestly, I'm having a hard time choosing MHO for this one, mostly because it's a subjective manner but thank you all for voting and replying. I may or may not choose one but either way the response will not lean to one side. In all, it was very interesting reading your responses and seeing the voting poll scale, with that being said, enjoy whichever you prefer!

Thanks Again and All the Best,

YM

Most Helpful Guy

• Contacts. Especially good on Halloween when you can get glow in the dark ones which give you glowing irises.

What Guys Said 19

• Definitely contacts. I'm truthful with them tho, I don't try to deceive people about my eye color. I just use them to disguise how shitty my vision is.

I prefer them because they look better, they are easy for me to put in and they make me forget about my imperfection. When I have glasses on, I can feel them on my face and when I use peripheral vision, I'm reminded how my vision is bsd. However when I wear ontacts, I just pop em in in the morning and completely forget I even have them in :)

• What you said about the disguise part is pretty funny as much as it is sad, but overall it's good to hear that you enjoy your contacts. Comfort is certainly important. :)

• i wear glasses when i'm on my home and only. i never go out with glasses on because i look like a fool LOL

• Depends on the girl. Some look really stunning in glasses while others don't. Just look at yourself in the mirror with and without glasses, different clothes, etc. and find out which looks you enjoy the most.

• Good point, though my question was actually for both genders as to which ones they prefer on themselves. So which one do you prefer for yourself? :)

• If I needed one or the other I would probably choose contacts so I don't have to deal with keeping the glasses in place when playing sports or doing other active things.

• Thanks for replying, that makes a lot of sense, its definitely a struggle.

• Glasses because they suit me. Contacts can be dangerous for your eyes. Its not a permenant solution.

• That's good you like your glasses, most people I talk to don't. :) As for what you said about contacts, yes for the most part that is true.

• Glasses are cute. I think I look better with glasses too.

• I don't wear either, but I prefer contacts on a girl over glasses. Seeing the glasses every once in awhile or at night is interesting tho. It's a nice break from the norm and can look hot

• it is more comfortable than lenses

• I think wearing glasses with a certain outfit can look really cute. But if you have to wear something everyday, I'd say contacts.

• I wear contacts outside and glasses at home... The problem with contacts is that I experience some problems in the rain or the wind and when I go swimming

• I prefer Glasses. It's very easy to wear and remove. No problem during pink eye or any other eye related issue.

• I really don't like glasses or contacts. It is such a burden on my face.
    I wish to have a laser eye surgery in future if time permits.

• I even can't wear goggles due to number.

• Yes, laser surgery is by far the most desirable option of eye sight solutions and I hope that your wish is granted in the future, because yeah that's not easy to deal with.

• I like glasses mainly because I don't think I could put the contact in

• Contacts for sure :D
    even they are more expensive :D

• That's cool but yes they are, but it's worth it if you're experience with them is good.

• Well thanks for your honesty, there's nothing wrong with that. :)

• None. I'm happy not being blind. Nor do I want to be one day.

• i PREFER GLASSES

• Well, I'm not going to lie they are nice.

• hmm you aren't insecure about that but still you are scared to do that?

• Yeah good point.

• Glasses are so classy and give people professional look.

• Yes, depending on the frames, I knew this one lady and she had these diamond shaped glasses and it made her look very eccentric instead.

• I dont know why but something about girls with glasses attracts me to them

• I would prefer glasses because It's easier for me to take off without hurting your eyes.

• I chose glasses, they can look really cute.
    But like someone else pointed out already: it depends on the girl.

What Girls Said 12

• Contacts. My eye sight is so poor I can't see my own hands without the correction. If I'm wearing glasses I can only see straightahead where the glass covers. I feel much safer in contacts that move with my eyeballs which thus corrects my sight at all times.

• I really do hope that your eye sight improves, your reasoning makes a lot of sense, safety is certainly most important.
      God Bless,

YM

• I've only ever worn glasses (as a kid, mum wouldn't let me have contacts) and I hated them so I'm probably going to say contacts are better

• Glasses. Contacts may be unhealthy for long term.

• Yes for the most part that is true, people should alternate between both of them or get laser survey if it's feasible.

• Definitely contacts. I never wear my glasses.

• I like contacts better because I can definetely see better with contacts on! Also, they give you the peropheric vision that glasses lack! Still use my glasses when I have to pull all nighters studying though

• Really? never knew that contacts gave better peropheric vision, that's very cool. Though why do you only use your glasses for all nighter studying?

• Because contacts dry your eyes if worn too long, and they tend to get uncomfortable after a whole day of usage! :)

• Glasses. Contacts freak me out.

• I've worn contacts since grade two

i'm a sophomore in high school now
    but recently i've been too lazy to put them in at night/i don't sleep enough to put them into effect
    so i have to wear my fucking tumblr hipster looking coach glasses but i hate them because it makes me look like a nerd (which is greatly intensified since i'm already asian) and i get headaches from them and people think they're entitled to rip them off of my face and put it on themselves and say something super witty and original like "wow girl ur blind lol" fuck off

• Honestly, I'm very sorry to hear that your experience with glasses isn't going good. There isn't anything wrong with looking smart and being the ethnicity that you are, but I can understand what you mean in the sense of being irritated by stereotypes, it does get very annoying. Don't feel the need to conform but definitely stick up for yourself. Nobody has the right to say and do what those immature idiots did to you, but don't worry they will reap what they sew. In regards to your frames, you should get them adjusted or for your own personal taste, you should look into changing them if you really don't like them. As for your contacts issue, I hope that you can get more sleep at night so this is no longer a bother. Though remember, with whatever you choose to do make sure it's for yourself, not for the validation of others. You'll graduate before you know it, even though it may not feel that peachy now, eventually you will be happy.

Hopefully this helps, God Bless

YM

• Glasses never made me look smarter. I'm already ugly and they made me look worse than usual. My mother wouldn't let me get contacts though so once I was 18 and I had a job and money I went to the eye doctors and ordered contacts.

• Although it is true that glasses do cover up people's features and it can be annoying if you want to just have nothing on your face, it's very saddening that you feel ugly. I seriously hope that you'll see your beauty.

God Bless,
      YM

• People tell me all the time I am. The worst I got was when I wore the glasses. It's not something I just woke up one day thinking. People tell me my face is a mans face instead of a womans face.

• Seriously, that's awful that happened to you, though it's probably jealousy and also the fact that your eyes may already show that you don't like the way you look. Like what you mentioned, you didn't just wake up thinking this, it was insecure people who planted that seed in you. I hope you will eventually see that there is nothing wrong with the way you look again so you can embrace your beauty, with or without glasses.

All the Best,

YM

• Depenss on the persons face. Some people can rock a pair of glasses, while other (like myself) looks horrible in them.

• Yes that's true but I'm sure you don't look horrible, think of it like sunglasses, eventually you'll find a pair that you like and that suits you. :)

• Actually some people just can't wear glasses - just like some people just can't wear hats^^

• Really? Alright then I guess I can reason with you, thanks for replying though.

• I've always worn glasses. Contacts freak me out.

• For me, it depends upon my mood, what am I doing or where am I going. If I'm too lazy to wear contacts, then I'd wear my glasses. I don't wear contacts at home though.

• Glasses- I can easily taken them off and put them back on.