Why is my bf emotionally abusive to me?

My before has become emotionally abusive. He will complain about my cooking, has talked shit about me to his friends saying I smell down there (which no other guy I have been with has said that ), basically called me fat a few times. He says he loves me and wants to be with me forever. I think he is insecure himself. He knows I'm insecure and have trust issues. Ever since our one year anniversary things seemed to change. We don't have sex as much like we use to. He says it's cuz i fight with him to much or he is tired. Or when he wants to do it I don't and vice versa. Why is he emotionally abusive if he loves me? Does he even mean he wants to be with me forevee?

Most Helpful Guy

• its time to break up
    your relationship is finished and he is tired of you

• I have even mentioned taking a break but he doesn't want to. You would thinj if he didn't care he would be happy to take a break

• True but if he didn't care for me why would he care if I did? Yah know

• no one wants a death on there head
      and frankly speaking even i would raise a suicide flag on you

What Guys Said 3

• Please spare yourself the unnecessary pain of staying with him and just dump his ass.

I've been in an emotionally abusive relationship before too, and it is NOT worth it. I thought I was going to end up marrying her, but she was extremely manipulative. She would blow up at me for no reason at all, randomly ignore me for days, say that she hated me when all I did was love her, and she would give me this stupid excuse that it "wasn't her, it was her anxiety speaking." I honestly regret not leaving her sooner because during the time I was with her, my grades started dropping, I lose so many days of sleep, I've cried enough times to fill a bucket, and my health was being affected.

Don't make the same mistake I did. Leave him while you still have your happiness. This shit that he's putting you through isn't what a relationship is supposed to be about. You deserve better than that, don't fool yourself into thinking that what he's doing is okay.

• Dump him. He is not good to you. There are several men who wI'll treat you as a lady.

• Abnormal psychology. No one here can tell you why.

What Girls Said 4

• Better question

Why is he your boyfriend?

• He seems like an arse. I'm not going to tell u to break up with him because that's a decision for u to make alone. But try thinking of the things you loved about him (personality wise) from when you first met him. Then see if it's all still there ( I mean the attraction towards him).

• It's your fault for allowing him treat you like that. I can't understand girls who are tolerant with misogynistic losers. Why not just kick his ass...

• yea i think you should move on before you get more hurt. i don't think it will get better