What do guys think of dred locks on a girl?

Just saw a girl with some pretty long ones. What's your opinion of them? Girls, would you ever have them?

Ftr, I'm not considering them for myself. I was just curious what guys thought about them. ☺

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 28

• I've got nothing for or against them. They look good on certain people while others aren't able to carry it off. Never dated or hooked up with one who has them but have known a few. The hygiene part is a little disturbing though

• If she can rock it, go for it :pimalbum.aufeminin.com/.../...-918961_H180610_L.jpg

• Gross... I remember I had to take apart a clients dreads at the salon... she lost a Crap ton of hair and when I washed it, the water was all black and brown which reeked with odor.

It was such a nightmarish experience that I refuse to do dreadlocks at all. :(

• some girls can look really REALLY attractive with drealocks

• I think I could do without. Haha sorri

• I think it's great if someone wants to that or express themselves in that way, yeah.

I probably would not love for my S. O. to have them, though. It's just not my thing and I'm really not very picky so that's saying something.

• I find it unattractive on most girls.

• I think dred locks are nice on girl... i feel every girl should be free to try change if she wants to

• I don't mind them. Makes me think that she probably smokes weed, which is nice, but not a declaration of love or a relationship.

In actuality I would probably not get along long term with a lot of girls who have dread locks.

• I didn't know you found smoking weed attractive, I learn something new everyday 😉

• It's more attractive than drinking, using other (hard) drugs or being against it completely. But it's not something you can base a relationship around. That would be silly.

• It's just... why...

• Im not a not a fan.

• It can look good on some people.

• I think it's like the sexiest thing ever well if she looks good with them because you know everything isn't for everyone lol but yeah I love em

• Some girls can pull off dreads, others can't.
    The ones who can are hot as fuck though.

• It looks really ghetto. Please don't get them.

• I prefer long straight hair.

• Not my cup of tea. At all.

• I wouldn't find it attractive, but whatever makes a person happy...

• yuck !!! filler !!!

• Doesn't look good on most !!

• I find dreadlocks pretty gross if I saw them on a woman!!! :-p

• Unattractive but... a hot girl can get away with pretty much anything.

• I LOVE THEM!! Growing some myself. 1 year and 6 months. All natural.

• By the way @BelleGirl21 , they are not inherently dirty. I keep mine very clean. All you have to do is continue to wash and no combs or conditioners.

• Was it hard at first to stop combing? by the way yours look cool!

• just gotta abandon your vanity. There are definitely "ugly stages", but it gets better if you stick it out. Thanks by the way. "Let the forest reclaim the land." lol

• It depends on the girl, some girls look really good with them and others look terrible.

• Bleh gross.

• I'm a guy with dreads and as weird as it sounds I wouldn't like them on a girl.

• They look good if you've the matching demeanor. Otherwise, not so much.

• What do you consider the matching demeanor?

• Either a calm one or a passionate one specifically passionate and connected either to emotional expression or activism.

• Okay, very interesting. :)

What Girls Said 7

• in my opinion it looks like a someone got lazy to turn their Afro into a normal haircut and turned it into Medusa style haircut instead, no offense but that's just how i see it, also i'm pretty sure that its pronounced dreadlocks, as in "dreaded"

it looks horrid on most people and very very people can fit the style, mainly because they often reflect the meaning of the style onto themselves well.

• also unless your hair was already "kulot" (curly) then trying to pull this hairstyle off will probably ruin if not kill your hair..

• One of my besties has dreads and she looks flawless

• Who the frick cares? Any guy who'd ditch you for something so stupid isn't worth your time. I would get them but I have other things I want to do with my hair as well and they're too permanent from what i've heard

• depends on the dreads. I think the thick ones that aren't smoothed look sooooo shitty. But that's just me.

• I would never go for that look. It looks awesome on some peeps.

• I think of Michonne, and how awesome it looks.

• It's ugly and looks manly