Should I sue the store?

So I was trying on a pair of pants in the drssing room, and I felt something scratching my butt me as I was putting them on. Turns out the back pocket had a random iron nail inside (not part of the pants design) and it left a giant bloody scar on my butt! It was bleeding a little and was quite painful. I didn't let the store know because I was rushing somewhere and embarrased. Now the paranoia has kicked in. I can't stop thinking about the possiblity of someone putting an HIV infested iron nail in the pants pocket on purpose. What should I do? Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• if you find a baller ass lawyer who is also willing to take the case and can find every major loophole to get you that win then sure go for it but if not then I highly doubt you'd be able to sue. IF you do contract some kind of HIV then you have a stronger case but you don't know anything as of right now so go get some answers first before thinking about it. get checked up. why make a bigger problem before knowing?

What Guys Said 3

• Relax. You can't get AIDS from dried body fluid on a nail.

Are you sure you have a GIANT BLOODY SCAR on your butt? I'm thinking you have a nasty scratch that will heal without permanent injury.
    I'm not sayin you don't have a reason to be pss'd but you need to have a permanent injury to collect anything and you have to be able to show it happened in the store's dressing room.

• You can't really sue the store. They couldn't have reasonably prevented someone from tampering the jeans. And no way to prove it was done by the store. You should let them know and go to the doctor.

• HIV doesn't last long on surfaces, once blood dries. I wouldn't be terribly worried about that.

• Also, consider that if someone deliberately put the nail in the pocket, they couldn't have known it would necessarily result in a scratch.

What Girls Said 3

• If you didn't tell them it never happened. You would have needed to report it when it happened if you wanted them to have any liability, but without a report it could have happened anywhere.
    Since you didn't though the first thing you should have done is get a tetanus shot to endure you did not get that and then test further if needed. Had you reported the incident the store quite possibly would have had to pay for any medical bills that were within reason.

• Too late to sue now you left the store without saying anything so that scratch could have happened anywhere. If you'real worried about AIDS see your doctor and get the test done but I think it's highly unlikely. If anything you could possibly get a staph infection if the wound isn't cleaned properly.

• I don't know about HIV but look out for tetanus, get your shots.