Is it okay to go without a bra if you have big breasts?

Well my boobs are like 36DD 's and i was wondering if it would be okay if i ever went without a bra? like I've been looking at dresses a lot more lately and in the spring and summer a lot of dresses are made with low backs or cut outs in the back and of course you can't really wear a bra with those types so would it be okay if i went without one even though my boobs are big? the only thing i worry about is them sagging more if i didn't wear one, like i even wear a bra at night because im afraid they will sag more if i dont...

Most Helpful Guy

• I think any girl who wants to should feel like she can go without a bra.

What Guys Said 11

• The only time I would always make sure to wear a bra is when you go into work. Working anywhere without a bra lacks of professionalism.

When you're on your time though, it's all your decision. People won't judge you for wearing or not wearing a bra. Do whatever you think works best.

• I say give it a try. As a guy I can't imagine how it would feel to wear a bra all the time. that would drive me nuts. I think most of the dresses you're talking about has the darts in the material that form a point anyway, so a rare nipple point would most likely be hidden anway in the material. Plus there's tapes. Find things that are form fitting, even open back that hug close to the body in the front and this will shelf you. and you may not want to go open back so low to the last rib as that point in my guess (only a guess, I'm a nerd, not a designer) would be the point that keeps the front tummy / ribs close to make that shelf. It will actually make your chest look bigger comparatively but you'll love how it hugs ya.

• Well that makes since to wear it tighter around the bust to "shelf" them better lol. because my waist is smaller anyways and a lot of shirts i wear i have to get them a size bigger just because of my boobs

• I suppose it depends on how active you are. Some big breasted women I've known have been warned that too much jostling could result in their boobs effectively punching them in the face.

• oh trust me im not that active lol, but I've never really experienced my boobs moving around that much but it might be because i literally wear a bra 24/7 :P

• It's always OK to go without a bra. Fuck the system.

• I think is is ok. As long as the dress offers you some support and is lightly padded. What style of dress were you thinking about wearing?

• This is your choice. Some people will not like it, and some people will not like it. You can't make everybody happy; therefore, go ahead go braless. If your breast are uncomfortable going braless, then wear a bra.

• Everyone's gonna see yur nips.

• Not necessarily lol, a lot of dress you wouldn't wear a bra with have like thin padding in it so they wouldn't show :P

• I'm not a bra expert obviously but could you not try a strapless bra?

• yes it's perfectly ok.. and God bless you! :)

• Yes its ok, the only thing is guys might be staring like they just saw a car crash. lol

• If you've got good perkiness, you'd look fine without a bra!

• i really dont think i do D:

• Bummer! LOL! From the looks of things it will be kind of spectacular when you do!

• Hey Autumn! Just saw you on the feed and it reminded me of this question! How goes the bralessness?

What Girls Said 9

• I'm a 32DD and I try to go at least one day a week without a bra. It's been scientifically proven that not wearing a bra helps breast stay perky and full istead of getting flabby and saggy. Start off doing it at home until you're comfortable then rock it in public. That's what I did and I have no regrets.

• really? i wanna try to start not wearing them with certain outfits because im too use to wearing a bra all the time

• Yep do it until you're comfortable. The study was done longitudinally in France, and showed the less you wear a bra the better.

• Sure, it's fine. But there's a solution to the open back dress problem, though. Backless and strapless bra. You basically glue them onto your boobs. I have them and they're great.

• Maybe you could try a backless bra instead?

• I'm the same size as you and I never go around without a bra myself and avoid low back dresses because I dont like the feel of them being loose.

• I didn't wear a bra with my prom dress, it was one shouldered and have light padding so you couldn't see anything

• Bad idea, try sticky bras. There are also bras with clear backs.

• If you want to look like trash and have guys disrespect you go ahead

• wearing a bra actually speeds sagging.

• yes. it's better to use one for coverage or certain looks, like pushups or whatever, but take it off when you get home.

• That's nor true Saggying boobs is a product of only 1 of 2 things, 1. Genetics 2. Rapid and dramatic weight loss

That's it. Not wearing a bra will not cause your boobs to sag. Bras are for support not to prevent sagging

• I'm 32DDD and I hate how I can't go braless because they just sag and bounce so much. I hate running because they hurt too.
    The best moment is at night when I can break free from all wires and sleep snuggly! Haha :)

• lol i can't even sleep at night without a bra, it just feels too weird because im so use to wearing a bra. i try it sometimes but as soon as i wake up the next day i grab my bra and put it back on

• I got used to sleeping braless and it's great! It is comfy. Of course I wear it right after the next day, when I wake up, but sometimes I don't even want to lol.
      Supposedly it's also healthier to sleep without a bra on and the girls need to breathe! :)