Tell me a little bit about your religion?

I grew up Pentecostal Christian, then non denominational.
Although I grew up believing a certain way, I have grown to be more open minded but still remain in my roots of morals.

But I would like to know what you believe
Whether it is a different denomination of Christianity or a totally different religion.

I can't really give most helpful answer but I can give the best detailed answer if it makes sense to me.

Try me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm independent Baptist and we believe that Jesus dies for our sins and if we believe in him and ask him into our hearts and get born again we go to heaven, if you don't you go to hell.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not religious anymore but I grew up in the Orthodox Christian church. I guess my answer depends on what you want to know. One major difference is that unlike every other Christian denomination, they follow the Julian calendar instead of the Gregorian calendar.

• this is what makes me respect my religion even more:
    api.ning.com/.../Buddha2.jpg

What Guys Said 5

• I personally believe that if there is an intelligent Creator that was capable of creating a system as complex as our physical world, there is no way they'd be interested in morality. The genetic code on its own was designed in such a way that it'd provide the basics for our behavior, our capability for information processing and retaining data is useful to create our society and to adhere to social rules, but that's mostly for yourself and for the sake of your surroundings, not for the sake of the Creator himself - he doesn't really care.

If there is an intelligent Creator, then it is not the Christian/Muslim/Jewish God. A creator that is capable of fine-tuning such a system and provide the physical systems that allow the development of biological systems such as lifeforms, procreation, the harmony of organs - such a creator wouldn't bother with such petty things as marriage of two specimen of a particular species, or who puts their genitals in what. The code is given, the lifeforms act along it. Our beliefs regarding what is right and wrong are defined by our experiences and what we believe based on the data we were taught and we experienced. As such, religions are not required for morality, and I think believing in any mainstream religion is somewhat unfounded. So I consider myself agnostic.

• We gather weekly to consume the flesh and drink the blood of our god. We act like this is perfectly normal.

• I'm essentially non religious, none of the ideas appeal to me nor convince me...

• 0|0