What is the different of dressing sexy and slutty? like what is showing too much?

What like of dressing is wayy to slutty?

And how to show curves, or dress feminine during the cold winter... i mean its so cold but u want to dress sexy :P

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Depends on perception of the majority
    2. What the whole world may find slutty, I may find it sexy (and more often so)
    3. Slutty is something that is described as 'begging for attention' like loud make up, revealing short and/or skin tight clothes etc
    4. Sexy is considered lighter make up that suits the persona, dressed up even if revealing a small peek but for the occasion
    5. Dressing up sexy isn't about revealing or accentuating curves and showing skin, it's about being classy & appealing yet making heads turn :-)

What Guys Said 7

• Sexy girls don't need to reveal their bodies to look sexy. Slutty girls go out of their way to wear revealing clothes because they want the attention so badly. Basically if she looks like she is trying extra hard to show off her body it'll be considered slutty.

a girl in a bikini is still sexy at a beach, but wearing shorts that are so short they're showing your butt will be considered slutty.

• I think a lot of girls forget that sexy isn't gained thorugh clothing but rather it's more about an attitude and confidence that a girl can display.

In this picture the girl can be thought of as sexy and yet her outfit isn't remotely revealing or form flattering
    i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...00000578-139_640x1254.jpg

While slutty is just in a simple word: desperation
    Going above and beyond to be noticed by removing clothing like wearing a skirt so small you butt is hanging out or displaying excessive cleavage for no reason (unless she feels comfortable like that, honestly I'm not judging)

• Leather leggings.. can be considered sexy, or slutty, depending on how they are accessorized. In cold weather, they 'show' as much as bare skin, if not more!

• I think there is a difference, with the essence associated with it. So it's the feeling that the clothing and person give off. If it's a little bit of cleavage then that's purely sexy, yet if it has the aura of trying too hard so it's to only suggest sex instead of beauty then it turns towards the 'slutty' side of the scale.

Nice to see you again on here, by the way.

• I would say if you're showing things that are normally covered by a 2-piece bathing suit you're pushing the limits.

• I think it's about modesty and dignity, if you have neither of those you'll look like a slut. You can be sexy by wearing clothes that hint at things without showing way too much.

• Winter sexy tight conservative topsmand tiny tight jackets.

What Girls Said 2

• Slutty is just all out, often cheap clothes that show everything. Sexy still hides something, has some kind of elegance.
    I suppose no one dresses slutty of purpose they go for sexy, but it's too much

Slutty
    www.fordress.net/.../...short-white-dress-sexy.jpg

Sexy
    www.coco-fashion.com/upload/sklep/RwoEnWtcEH.jpg

Slutty
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...62aaca84db.jpg

Sexy
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...9ee376ef99.jpg

Slutty
    3.bp.blogspot.com/.../...bad-af-bad-shear-body.jpg

Sexy
    www.dhresource.com/.../

A lot of girls wrongly assume they have to show skin to be sexy, the more the better and that's just not true. A lot of it association. It happens in their head. I'm sure a lot of guys would agree this outfit is sexy even though she hardly shows any skin
    www.gotceleb.com/.../...-school-girl-outfit-08.jpg

Someone once told to dress like its Halloween everyday. Not literally, but a lot of Halloween costumes feature common male fantasies. So if looking at you'd get that kind association, even without showing skin you'd be seen as sexy.
    Also apparently men like innocence mixed with something dirty. So I don't know maybe something like this encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images mixed with a floral headband/ bag some girlish jewelry

• You can be sexy and not showing any skin. I think that for example a nice dress that fits curves, doesn't have a big cleavage and is just a little bit over the knee is really sexy. I follow the same rule when it comes to clothes as when it comes to make-up - 1. the less the better 2. don't put emphasize on everything at once. If you are to show a lot of cleavage don't wear mini skirt or vice versa. I've also seen some girls wearing smaller sizes of clothes than they really are and it can look distasteful. Always make sure your clothes fit you well and hide your imperfections. Also, accessories can do a lot for your style and make it sexier even if you are wearing something plain.