Tattoo idea! Honest opinion? I won't get butthurt I promise.

so i really want a tattoo on the inside of my arm and i want it to say "can we lose our minds and call it love for the last time..." this is a quote from a song by pierce the veil and it really means a lot to me-it got me to break up with my crazy ex who would control every aspect of my life ie what i wore who i talked to and couldnt talk to how i acted in public just to name a few things.. he claimed he did all these things cause he loved me and this quote reminds me that that isn't love that is acting crazy and calling it love. i learned a lot from that relationship and it made me stronger and more independent. my sister thinks its weird getting a tattoo about an ex but i think its more than just that.. whats y'all opinion? please please please be honest! and spare me the "you do you" speech i want other opinions!

• I like the idea!
  • your sis is right that is weird...
  • on the fence

Most Helpful Guy

• So let's see... you want to get a tattoo that although shows triumph for what you did will be a constant reminder of your ex... That should end up well.

In case you couldn't tell from my speech I voted B and although I am not against tattoos I think it should have a stronger meaning to you and not your past relationship. As you'll find out through time relationships do not define you. So why get a permanent reminder of a mistake in your life?

Hope this helps!

• its not exactly reminding me of my ex.. just what love really is. and i dont see it as a mistake but a learning experience! lol that sound cliche but whatever. thanks for your opinion! :)

• yeah im still thinkin about it! but thanks again for your input! :)

• You're welcome! See you around somegirl haha :D

What Guys Said 6

• I am an old journalist who was at one time a police/court/crime reporter. Tattoos are one of the recognition badges of the criminal underclass. Whether or not you are underclass trailer trash, you be see as that by more than a few people (especially police and prospective employers). You have to expect that when you run the criminal underclass flag up the pole. Tattoos will cost you opportunities for the rest of your life. Finally, if you consider yourself to be a Christian you need to read what has been written in the Old Testament about markings on the skin. It is forbidden absolutely.

• well if someone is judging me for having tattoos then i dont want to associate myself with them anyways.. and the bible also says "woman is to keep silent" and slavery is cool and dont cut your hair and its cool to have 1000 wifes and more shit like that..

• @Asker your attitude and tattoos are going to cost you a lot of opportunities, but you are too young and willful to understand that, or be told. When you have more life experience you will understand what self-destructive decisions you have made.

• ok old wise one ill let you know when i come to realize that! and self-destructive decisions because you personally dont like tattoos? you are very close minded but thanks for your input!

• Do what you want. When I turn 18 my sister and I are getting tattoos, even though our parents hate tattoos. I like the idea, it might be because I also like that band, so... I don't know if that's not a valid opinion but here it is if you want it. I think that because you learned a good life lesson, you are proud and want to remind yourself of it, I like that. I think you should do it not matter what other people think.

• it wouldn't be my first tattoo! and great band :) thanks for the opinion!

• do you really want to be continuously reminded of your ex. also when a new boyfriend asks you what that tattoo is you'll have to explain all that to him

• Since YOU Hold it to something more than the negativity that inspired it, I think its alright. Its what you think and what it matters to you.

P. s. Not trying to be a nit pick here, but, can I suggest getting plant-based ink?

• whats that? haha

• Well you should still check out when Craig Mabbit was the front man for TWA, He's amazing in every band he's in, and its good to know someone has a similar taste in that genre of music! Lol, another guy I talked to on here ended up disappearing =/

• i didn't know he was in that band! lol i only know him from ETF obviously.. lol pm me lets talk music :)

• So, in the future you meet the guy if your dreams and you have to 1) explain or lie as to what the tatoo is about and 2) be reninded for the rest of your life about this old BF that you wouldnrather move one from. Just sayin. Maybe hust paint it on you bedroom wall until you are over it.

• it means a lot to you now, years from now it won't and you'll be stuck with it.

What Girls Said 1

• i suppose you could get over the fact that it's about your ex, and in a few years the memory of the relationship will probably fade. and then you'll be left with a tattoo with great meaning to you. i say go for it. and thats a nice place for it too.