How to be emo when your parents don't want you to?

So when I wear emo make up my parents say it's rachet. I have tried to get emo clothes but I don't know where to get it for cheap and I want to be emo because that's who I am but I didn't tell my parents because I know they won't like it. I'm never going to cut myself because that's not emo and I'm to chicken to. Can you please help me?

Most Helpful Girl

• I recommend you getting items that has a touch of an emo-ish look but that aren't full out emo. Since you know that you parents will not like it and I'm assuming, you still live under their roof.
    I do not know where you could get cheap emo clothes but I know where you could get cheap clothes... thrift stores, the downside is that you would have to dig threw a lot of junk but it is worth it!
    My last piece of advice: When shopping for clothes, do not look for clothes that represent emo but that represents you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• it's 2014...
    but just don't call it emo and maybe she'll be more accepting and get you "emo" clothes?

• What the fuck did i just read?

• i don't even know what emo is anymore.

I thought emo's were emotionally troubled kids.

Im not sure where to get emo clothes but Im guessing you want to be alternative?

• This is the stylist question ever

• Haha what? Borrow some of your friends clothing lol