Do girls care what kind of car a guy drives?

Girls, do you think differently of a guy based on what type of car he drives?
If he uses his car to show off, it he sexy, or trying to make up for some lack of masculinity in your opinion?
Do you have a preference for what type of car he has?

Most Helpful Girl

• The ride doesn't matter in terms of being sexy. You can be sexy even riding a bike or just a skate, it's all about the attitude. Also, a 96 Toyota Corolla or an Audi A4 won't matter, they'll both look like crap if you have a bad attitude. (I am a car lover, by the way, so you can trust me when I say this)
    AND, what actually matters, as you may have read in some of the other comments, is that the ride is clean, not necessarily shiny, but at least clean. Anyway, to some girls, what matters is that the guy has a ride to pick you up from home and take you anywhere so you don't have to worry about how will you get there. Others are just shallow (in my opinion, no offense) and want the most amazing Pagani.

What Girls Said 113

• You know I never gave it a lot of thought but the other night I had a date and he was saying good night at my car. His was parked on the other side of the garage and I told him I would drive him over. As we got to the other side of the garage he gestured to a car... I was thinking oh must be parked behind that big a$$ blue Mercedes over there. Nope, was the big a$$ blue Mercedes, lol. I pulled next to it and started laughing. I said, "my Honda is embarrassed right now. . He thought that was adorable ;P. It DID make me think differently though, I am sad to say. Like that his business does a lot better than I had thought.

• No DECENT girl gives two fucks about your car. If I like a guy, even a little, I'm understanding of his situations. So if has a shitty car, or no car, It's not a deal breaker. Shit happens, and we're not all rich.

I don't particularly like when a guy uses his car to show off. Not because he's "making up for some lack of masculinity", but because It just seems cocky to me. I just don't like guys who are arrogant, conceited, or all full of themselves. Like, sit the fuck down, you're not hot shit. In my opinion, there's nothing more attractive then being humble, modest, and down to earth.

No, I have no preference about what type of car he has. I do prefer that he at least HAS a car. But if he doesn't, that wouldn't be a deal breaker either. If a girl thinks of you differently because of your car, then fuck her.

• No I really don't think it's a big deal. It would be great if it was clean though, I'm sure most people have clean vehicles or at least I hope so :O

• Honestly I hate guys with trucks lol. I feel like they need make up for the fact that they have a small dick so they ride these big trucks, to make themselves feel "masculine", and I just don't like guys with trucks because they always seem to be douchebags lol. I honestly don't care, I mean, I can't even generalize guys with trucks like that. It's just what I endured for me to say that, but no I don't concentrate on what a guy drives. I could care less, all I care about is if he's a decent guy. :)

• I have owned several trucks and in no way can my dick be considered small.

• Sorry, didn't mean to offend. Just the guys I have encountered in my life were douchebags with big trucks, like I stated in my post^ I shouldn't generalize guys with trucks like that.

• I have a lifted old school Bronco... and a ragtop mini. I reject all stereotypes! MUAHAHAHAHA!

• Not really, we're in college so it's not like we can choose the nicest cars with our budgets. I don't really care about cars much, it's how clean it is on the inside. I can't stand getting into cars with garbage and clothes everywhere and weird little crumbs on the seats. Oh and I hate it when guys rev their engines, that's the only time I'll think that the driver is trying to show off.
    My current boyfriend has a Dodge Ram, and I don't think it makes him any sexier or anything, he has it because of work. He works in the forest cutting down trees, so he needs a truck powerful enough to pull heavy loads and get through those muddy trails.

• In general? No, it makes no difference. My boyfriend didn't even have a car when I first met him.

But there are some cars that speak about a guy's character. Like if he gets a huge risen pickup with monster truck wheel - small dick indicator. Shitty golf with mods - chav, Prius - smells his own farts, etc.

• I am no expert on cars, but as long as it isn't so ridiculous that I can't possibly hope to get in (without a latter, for example) and relatively clean (not having to step or sit on trash), I don't care. I'd start to wonder what the guy is thinking when there are plastic male "jewels" hanging from the bumper or something, though. And yes, I've really seen that... just last night, in fact.

• If it is clean, doesn't smell, big enough to fit my entire body in and doesn't make a lot of noise, then it is good enough for me. I don't need a fancy car. A clean one and safe one is all I need.

• Yes. I judge pretty harshly based on someone's vehicle actually. I dated someone who owned a Nissan 350z once; the nit-picky self absorbed ass only lasted three weeks with me. Next guy owned an older beat up Chevy pickup; I'm still completely in love with him. My experience has just given further support to my country girl bias.

• guys who show off / brag about anything including their car are a waste of time. I don't care what kind of car it is as long as it's not filthy inside. My boyfriend doesn't even have a car he's only 18 though and I can't judge since I have a car 2014 Chevy Cruze that I can't even drive for a year because I have to wait a year since I just got my learners and I fucking hate myself for it but I didn't know I was getting a car so. But yeah I don't really care about cars at all just have a clean non smelly car that's good enough.

• I don't really care a lot about the type of car, I do care about the cleanliness of the car. If it's very dirty or if it's a total mess, then I'm a bit put off.

• I know I'm a superficial BH but I do care what car my men drives I drive a 2011 Mercedes if he drives an old old old car I rather us go to a place in defferent cars or I just simply won't date them... but in my defense I do believe that I deserve something or someone better than me cause I've work my ass off to get what I have. And I've spent almost 10 years in college to get my career so I do deserve better things in my future.

• i don't care tbh

• if you're asking girls your age under 18 yes they care, not all I suppose depends. Girls are quite silly when they this young. Enjoy your car if it's clean and it takes you places, great! Many boys your age don't have cars. If she doesn't like your car tell her to take a hike. She must like you first who cares about a car if the owner is a gentleman.

• Well, yeah.
    I went out with a guy that didn't even have a car, so we used mine.
    I don't think the car defines the guy though.
    I think it depends.
    Like if he's paying his own way through college, I would not expect too much.
    But if he had a job I might wonder what his expectations are, if he showed up in a beater.

• I dont care what type of car he drives. But Im aware that guys assume girls care. Some girls care. Some dont. Guys always try to show off their cars to me. It does nothing for me. Makes it seems like he's trying too hard to impress me.

• no, as look as it not going to break down every time you go out. DATING THE GUY NOT THE CAR
    It would be great if it was clean though, I'm sure most people have clean vehicles or at least I hope so AND DID NOT SMELL FUN IF YOU KNOW WHAT i AM SAYING LOL

• If a man needs a car to get attention, his personality must be horrific and his desperation levels might be pretty high.

• I don't give two craps about cars. My dad always told me cars are terrible investments so don't worry about them. But I hate hummers, suburb and, and trucks (unless your in construction air agriculture or something like that). But I'm super impressed by guys with environmentally friendly cars

• I don't really care about what car a guy drives. It does not really matter to me as long as it is working, safe, clean and doesn't smell bad. But sure, if he had a very nice car I would not mind. However, if he uses his car to show off I would definitely supposed that he is overcompensating.

• If it is clean and doesn't look like a death trap, no we really don't care. Now that's just most of us. We also tend to care more about how a car looks than the engine, I don't care if you have a crappy engine, as long as the car looks decent.
    My best friend on the other hand worked at a go kart place and now is obsessed with cars, she cares about a guys car, how it looks and the engine.
    Most of us don't care, but as always there are exceptions.

• I don't care what kind of car my guy drives. It doesn't make me love him more and it doesn't make me love him less. A car is a car lol

• I could care less what the guy drives, but if he drives that'd be pretty cool.

• Type of car no, especially at a younger age. Maybe I will more so when I get older (30s). But right now I'll only notice if you take care of it or not.

• I usually don't care. I'm a college student and the guys I'm surrounded with as college guys as well. We are some of the brokest people on this earth so I don't judge people by their cars. I know that most of us live off ramen most days. I think it'd be different however if the guy was in his 30's instead of late teens/early twenties.

• I don't know much about cars, so not really. As long as it works correctly (it actually starts and the brakes work), and it's not not super dirty on the inside and out, I'll be good.

• I personally don't care, but then again, that's because I'm not materialistic.

• I honestly am not attracted to men who obsess over what kind of car they have, it just means they will care about the car more than me. As long as the car is clean, smells good, I don't find other women's underwear in it and it gets from A to B, I'm cool with whatever.
    PS: Girls also like it if you trust them to drive your car, it means a lot to us when you trust us enough to put your precious car in our hands.

• No, but I do tend to find a guy that owns a van super cool; and usually attractive. Probably cause I'd like to own one. (I haven't ever admitted this to myself til now).

• Depending on the girl. In my town (a farming town) the girls are more into the guys with the trucks. My friends from the next town over could care less. For me it's a truck that's all that matter you have to have a truck to go kidding with

• More from Girls
    83

What Guys Said 18

• They usually don't care. As long as your car isn't like this

farm3.staticflickr.com/.../...503_eaa6ed2e3d_n.jpg

• Yeah man those girls who do are gold diggers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbgsy9ek--A

• Haha I remember seeing that

• Wow this is hilarious I thought it was wrong for the first girl to ditch her boyfriend and then she bounces for joy when he's not looking, wow that's just wrong. If I was in a relationship I wouldn't get in, but if I was single not going to lie I would hop in just because I always wanted to be inside an exotic car:)

• I really feel bad for the first guy. :(

• A car has never gotten me laid.

Boats on the other hand... THOSE make clothes fall off. :-D

• no. definitely not, believe me, it came from experience. even though I was driving my fathers red porsche 918 spyder it didn't had any effect on girls.

• You'd be surprised but us car enthusiasts guys have realized women DON'T care what you drive as long as you're responsible with it. Dudes totally care, though. There's a joke that a Ferrari is best drive by a gay guy because women won't even notice it while men will be attracted to it like a magnet.

Girls who happen to be car enthusiasts will care though, but they're a small, SMALL, percentage.

• I 100% think they do, unfortunately...

I had a 1997 clean honda civic a few months ago. It was very clean! And no lady complimented about it whatsoever...

I not got a Nissan Murano 2007 full equiped with leather seats and blah blah, basically it looks amazing on the outside and inside. Now I get compliments ALL THE TIME, and women take me more seriously, they listen to me more and etc. Like WTF?

To me, it's just a car, but to the women I got in that truck, I feel like they now know I am a serious guy with a future lol xd. Just because I have a nice car -.-...

Nothing changed in my life, I always been the same, I just made the choice to buy a new car and now I get more ladies than I ever did. And you know, it's just a family sport VUS (truck), imagine what sport cars get!

• As the icing on the cake, YES
    as the cake, NO

• There was actually a poll of some sort done on what a girl thinks is the "perfect guy", think it was on Askmen or Men's Health. Or something.

He drove an Audi. (Italian, automaker, I believe)

• Audi is German :)

• @alijumah
      I'm more of a "green" car enthusiast.

Prius, Chevy volt, Cadillac ELR, Tesla Model S, BMW i8, etc. I think that falls in price escalation in the order I put that lol. Probably not though.

• There are "eco" trucks , they are great , such as the 2015 Chevy Silverado

• those girls who care are actually gold-diggers in my opinion

• I gotten girls on a bicycle. I really dont hink they care all that much

• In my experience, no.
    I regularly take people out in my car, mostly because not a lot of people I know drive. The few that do have cars but are uncomfortable or too aggressive at driving.

• Confirmed: I live in an area full of vacuous, inscrutable, aesthetically manipulable, immature women.

• Girls are Dumb as shit when it comes to cars they don't know a lot of things unless they're interested in cars you could have a ford and they would think it was a Lamborghini if you told them so

• doesn't matter what kind of car you drive as long as its clean.

• I don't think girls care about the type of car guys drive. I don't care what car girls drive. lol

• The ones that care aren't the right girls.

• If they care what car you drive they are too young for you bro.

• It does make a difference, I think convertibles are preferred by girls , but nothing can outrun a 1967 dodge Challenger. : D

• Yes, but it will be different for each girl. A motorcycle is by far the most popular with women.