Why are you single people single?

State the reason you are single. Is it by choice, or because you are not attractive or because of no money or time or because you hate the opposite gender or something else?

Interesting

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know. Not many guys show interest in me. All the guys I've been interested in so far have rejected me in one way or another. Either by flat out telling me no or that they're only interested in having sex with me because they're "not looking for a relationship right now". So eh.

• i really wonder these stupid guys who rejects you, although you have been interested them :)

• I may say you could be in the wrong circle of potential bfs. Try to expand your network of friends to some very different ones, that have nothing to do with your background, education and culture. You may be surprised!

What Girls Said 39

• when i do come across someone i want to date, it's impossible to get to know them better in the romantic sense because they're usually 1. a stranger or 2. taken or 3. i'm too chicken to do the approaching and so the whole thing just crashes and burns.

• I'm too busy with school to worry about relationships right now. School comes first for me I just don't have time for a relationship right now. I haven't met the right guy in my life yet and I was cheated on in my last relationship so yeah. I'd like something that's serious in the future not right now. I'm waiting for the right person, I feel like some guys I meet don't know what they want in a relationship. Just focusing on school for now not trying to get in a relationship right now. I get attached to people to easily and don't take the time to get to know them but that's changed.

• a lot of things working together
    but mainly I'm just not around that many guys in the first place.
    Even when I'm around guys, I'm kinda shy so I'm not talkative unless they approach me... and guys don't really approach or take initiative to talk to me. I guess I don't have that attractive air about me or charisma or whatever haha

• because its my choice

• But I am not single.

• Because I am a strong and independent woman who doesn't need a man.

• By choice.. I'm not looking for something mediocre.. My previous relationships haven't made me paranoid about other men.. Just made me cautious and wiser.. So I think I'm just being. Picky at this point.. There is this one guy but meh I don't know I'm unsure about him now..

• Because I'm shy and awkward getting to know new people. Plus I don't drink alcohol and don't like clubbing so it's hard to meet guys. Also time is a huge factor when I'm at uni.

• Lol get outta my head. Im a guy and you just described "one" of the main reasons I'm single. I have lots of reasons haha. Im at a uni too. These are just a few reasons
      1. I wouldn't date a girl who's ever had casual sex... so unattractive
      2. I wouldn't date a girl who's had a ridiculous number of bf's. It just turns me off
      3. No drinking, no drugs or none of that crap
      4. There's more to a relationhsip than sex
      5. I'm better off being single
      6. I don't need anybody to complement my life
      7. Girls these days are too slutty

Im not judgmental or anything but we just have to be compatible. I'm more into sweet, old fashioned, hopeless romantic type of girls but its hard to find any.

• Hahaha yeah I pretty much agree on all your points @HopelessRomanticHere - and don't worry, there us still some of us out here :)

• Iam single because I don't need a man in my life to make me make me happy i have money i work hard i enjoy my life and im not willing to put all that on hold for anyone unless he is that special one

• I wonder why.. maybe I don't do the first move.. or I like a guy who seems impossible to be with.. could be I am just waiting and not looking..
    The best reason I could think of is because I believe in destiny, that he will just come along or cross each others path and feel the chemistry then that's it..

• I was in a very, very long relationship with multiple partners, n... Well, I just need some time to myself now. It takes me a long time to get into relationships in the first time, so I usually spend a long time being single if I'm between relationships. But I have some very close friends, and I don't mind it. I'm not even looking for a partner right now. I think it's about time I take some time to myself and work things out on my own, to be honest.

• It is by choice, but I also understand that life is unpredictable and circumstances can change, and people can come into your life unexpectedly so if I were to meet a guy and felt something was there I wouldn't be opposed to getting to know him, going out with him etc., Sometimes you just can't plan these things.

• I'm presently single because I decided I'd rather be single than to be part of the couple of which I was formerly half.

I shall continue to be single until I find someone I like with whom I can form a couple.

I hope that answers your question ;-)

• I never meet anyone new.

• Because relationships just aren't my thing and I prefer to be single...

• I'm single by choice, being in a relationship right now is the least of my worries. My friends, on the other hand, keep saying that I must be very oblivious to not notice if a guy is interested or that I unintentionally friendzone those who are interested.

• I don't like relationships. I'm more of a fling kind of girl.

• I don't like the guys who ask me out.
    The one guy I like hasn't made a move, prob doesn't like me.
    I'm extremely shy and awkward.
    Not particularly attractive.

• you dont like guys who ask you out... but you want the guy you like to make a move?

• @timesnewroman how does that first part relate to the second? Lol explain.

Anyway it's complicated.
      I was planning on telling him at the beginning of the summer.
      But my friend told me to give it up and that he doesn't like me.

• Relationships are work.. And I have enough on my plate to be worrying about something that's whiney and needy.. Undefined relationships are cool.

• I have no attraction to anyone but the guy who broke up with me. I'm working on getting him back and I feel like I can get him back somewhat soon, but I am single until then. I don't want anyone but him.

• Because guys don't like me and when I don't know people im pretty shy.

• Because I wanna be.

• I'm single by choice.

• because I haven't met anyone worth dating in a long time.

• I just don't want to date I guess.

• Too picky + not that attractive= a horrible combination...

• by choice
    i have trust issues

• I don't feel like dealing with somebody else's bullshit.

• Guys tend to dislike me at first sight, then when they get to know me, they see me as one of the boys I guess. Also I'm not really attractive probably. And I haven't found a guy I'd like to get involved with and who'd want the same with me.

• i seriously have no idea lol.

• More from Girls
    9

What Guys Said 30

• I wish I had a girlfriend but pretty much all girls don't see me as a potential boyfriend, so it never works out when I try. So many girls treat me like I am the scum of the earth when I am the complete opposite of that. Why should I have to put up with been treated terribly when I am a good, kind and caring guys. This is why I am thinking of giving up completely on love.

• I'm pretty sure I could get a gf if i really worked for it. I'm not great looking or anything but I'd say I'm average. I'm pretty much average across the board, average looks, intelligence, personality, etc .

I guess my reason for being single would be..
    I'm shy/introverted, have high standards, and my self confidence is practically nonexistent. Like realistically I know I'm not horrible but in my mind I obsess over my flaws, both physical and emotional so even if I did meet a girl who met my standards and was interested in me, I'd probably reject her because I'd feel unworthy. Id be unhappy with a girl that meets my standards since I'd know that I don't measure up but I'm also not willing to go for less than what I consider ideal so I guess I'm fucked :/

I'm a disappointed idealist

• Earlier it was because I couldn't attract anyone. Later and now it's by choice. I wanna go with life by myself once I get my finances all set. I think it's easier and less stressful to like solo than have to focus and worry about keeping a relationship successful which involves a lot of stuff.

• Im not a big fan of alchool and I want something serious for my first relationship. So, unfortunatly, trying to flirt in bars/club is really bad because of those 2 reasons, and the only other place that is possible to flirt is in school. But when I was in high school, I lacked confidence a bit, and was kinda shy ( 1v1, in groups I never shut up :P ). Im still a bit shy, but my self esteem is way better now, and I start college in January so we will see if anything good can happen

• Some people choose to be but others want to but can't seem to find someone who works out for them. Dating isn't easy.

• Because I still didn't find anybody who worth of my love.

• Because I still didn't find a girl who I think that a relationship between us will work. When I find her, I won't be single anymore. I'm not in a hurry though, I'm pretty fine the way I am now.

• because im ugly and i have no friends shrugs

• Single by choice... I'm getting my career stuff (and respective cash flow) together. I'm not comfortable dating when I don't have consistent money in my pocket (I tried it before, mentally it just bothers me way too much).

• because i love my freedom ;-)

• Because of feminists that say "I don't need a man" (see answers from women below).

And because all the good ones are taken.

• I guess I haven't been trying that hard, plus for most of my life I have had social contact issues, and am only now learning to communicate with people.

• I'm single because I refuse to expend effort chasing women. This is based on a number of factors, no one of which would be sufficient in itself to determine my choice in this matter.

• (1.) I'm too busy with college work.
    (2.) I look like a rat.
    (3.) I have nothing to offer and don't deserve a woman.

• Because I suck, I guess.

• Because my penis curves at a right angle

• There is very rarely a reason if it is not by choice. Mating is more or less luck of the draw.

• Saving ma precious innocent body for ma luver @chocolateismylover #TRUELUV

• I want to wait and find a girl I really like and not just a random hoe in a bar

• Because I'm tired of girls morphing from clever women to shallow bitches over the long years. 2/2 long relationships ended like this, would happen again.

• Never fell in love and freedom is a major factor

• I am single because we got breakup as things were not progressing well. I believe being single is not something to be proud because money is not alternative of feelings, love and of course sex...

• maybe it's our destiny, I don't know :)

• Its my wish to be

• I just haven't met her yet

• Because I enjoy it. Freedom. But if I find the right girl we'll see.

• There are very good reasons behind the trend of fewer and fewer men wanting to get married today while more and more women do want to get married. Few modern women are worth the trouble and risk they pose to men.

• It's easy to find takers, but not givers... I run into girls that will snatch me up for a fraction of what I offer, but rarely run into one that offers a fraction of I need. Without balance, relationships don't work.

• 0|0