Is HotorNot.com accurate?

Do you think that the website link is an accurate measure of generally how attractive you are to the rest of the population? Do you think it is only a rough guesstimate? Not accurate at all?

Keep in mind: just because you got a bad rating on the site doesn't mean it's inaccurate. You might just be uglier than you thought. :P

• Yes, it is very accurate. You can trust the ratings you are given to be a good measure of your looks.
  • Mostly accurate, but the score is bound to be a little off.
  • Only a rough estimate. You can count on a lot of bad data.
  • Not at all accurate. This site is a waste of time.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's accurate at all. People have different tastes of what they find attractive, and since they are using a scale of 1 to 10, there is no way to qualify the data. There is no set example for what a number 1 should look like, and there is no set example of what a number 10 should be. You could try to have examples, but you'll inevitably have someone say that they don't agree with the standards.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think its that accurate because everyone finds different people attractive. Its like, I can think one guy is really good looking, but my best friend can think he's not good looking at all. I really think everyone has their own opinion and a general rating from a large amount of data really can't be that accurate.

• Not accurate. How is one picture going measure how attractive you are? Besides any one who goes on a site just see some one else thinks they are hot stuff by one picture. Which tells you nothing about how attractive you are in the first place. But goes to a site and puts their best picture up just to have people they will never how any more about, but to have a comment that says "eheh. You hot, id totally hit that" yes at the end of the day that's why I live. To hear some dude will do me.

• This is true, but you have to understand that from a female perspective male attractiveness is based far more on personality than on looks. Yes looks matter, but not nearly as much as to a male. To have groups of females say "Yeah I'd totally hit that" would be a VERY rare, but also very welcome experience for a guy. Hence the appeal of hotornot...

In any case, I agree with you. ^.^

• Haha not accurate at all

seriously me and my friends used to go on their and look at the people and like laugh. Seriously. We'd go and just click on 1 every time just too get to see the next person. Seriously screw hotornot. Come lol its a joke

• You girls do the oddest things for entertainment. :P

• Well sometimes people do stupid thing like post up on hotornot ";P"

What Guys Said 4

• All it means is you get an opinion of all of the people who are members on the site. Whether it represents an honest cross-section of the population at large, is a different story!

• I just use my own eyes to tell - I count how many woman within a certain age group give me "that look" when I walk down the block - I do find it amusing when older women do a double take - and I get a little creeped out when young teenage girls do.

• I tend to think the ratings are a little on the high side. Like if someone is really a 6 they seem to get a 7 or an 8 and so on.

• Just a guesstimate, for both reasons.

For one, back when facethejury was popular (same idea as that site), I put up a pretty good photo of myself and was rated pretty highly. But really I'm not that attractive. Likewise, I've seen pictures of girls that they sent me online or I saw on facebook, and when I saw them in person they looked 10x better. So I almost think it's more of rating how good the picture/pose is than an actual estimation of attractiveness.