Are watches cool? Should I get 1... hmm?

I'm thinking of getting a watch for Hte Aesthetic. I usually wear white button-up shirts + black waistcoat & dressy shoes (dapper dyke looks) - would a watch suit this look? I'm worried it'd overdo it and make me look like a sleazy yuppy :P

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I love watches! Definitely a good idea. Besides they can be really classy when worn the right way ;)

• oooh, whats the right way?

• hehehe, its admirable!

• awhh haha thank you! ^-^

What Guys Said 10

• watches are totally cool. and its an icebreaker when meeting new people, depending on the watch you get. nah that seems fine, you suited up, you need a watch.

• true! and yeah I have used them as an icebreaker in the past lol. hmmm

• I say definitely go for the watch! :)

• I'm pissed my watch of five years just broke. Now I have no idea what time it is!

Oh well.

• I think your over thinking this one, no one is going to judge you just because of a watch. Unless they are really that jealous of how good you look.

• oh well nah Im not worried about what people will think or w/e I'm just contemplating wether its gonna be a good aesthetic or not :P

• If you get one that just look's great on you and not the dumb super flashy stuff you will be classy and professional looking. Example... It's the same thing as earring's. Small stud's are really attractive and show class. But then you got those dumbass people wearing 10 foot hoop's hanging off their ear's that make them look like a hooker. The two tone silver and gold watches aren't too flashy and look great. Or just a leather band also look's great. Just don't go soo flashy that you look like Christmas light's on leg's.

• alright I dont really want your opinion anymore now

• I don't like wearing watches myself, but I do like girls with watches, they look cool in them, I find them attractive.

• Go for it, you won't regret until you get bored.

• Wait till the Apple Watch is out in 1 or 2 months, you'd probably regret not getting that if you're planning on buying an expensive 300+ quids watch now.

• lol nah. I'm talking fifteen, twenty dollars. I dont have that kinda money to burn on a damn watch lmfao

• lmfao. See the thing is my friends are all in the know about that shit and would beat me up for trying that lmfao. But yeah I like the idea of getting an old cool watch second hand hmm

• hahah your friends are funny if they beat u up if you bullshit them xD

• since mobiles exist watches are useless LOL

• lol, just don't buy a fucking Casio like a hipster, then you're good!

• I was looking at casios :(

• lol ugh man THAT crowd. Yeah I know exactly who u mean. Dw I think Huxley was a reactionary baby :P

• He's their Dawkins! lol. Do whatever you wanna do, you're aiight! lol

• Not a fan of the look but do what makes you happy.

What Girls Said 4

• I miss the days of wearing a watch. I especially like very intricate mens watches. watches made for women tend to be really boring.

• I recently invested in a couple Fossil watches. Not the slender ones but the thicker Boyfriend watches. I think they look great. Watches are great accessories.

• ooooh they look super cool! I love the ones with like esoteric shit all over em like barometers n stuff lmao

• They do look good. I wouldn't buy multifunction watches for myself, simply because I like a simple face on the watch. But they look really good when I see them on other peoples wrists.

• I am a firm believer in bright, colourful watches.

• i'd say a wristwatch would add a touch of refinement ♥︎