Guys do you find black girls that wear their natural hair more attractive than black women that wear weaves/extensions?

I'm considering wearing my natural hair from now on. I mean it's long enough to wear it's just that I wear extensions for the convenience of it. My boyfriend is all for me wearing it natural but I'm still a bit self conscious about it. It's COMPLETELY natural meaning it's not flat ironed or chemically processed. I stopped putting perms in it years ago because of the negative side effects of it.

So what do you? Yes or no to natural?

Most Helpful Guy

• The hair is completely irrelevant to any man of any race, age, or nation. It's about the BODY.

I really wish women could process this fact. If you have a beautiful hair style and a fat body, that doesn't work. However, if you have a body like Beyonce, you could litterally have to biggest, poofiest most obscene poodle Afro in the history of mankind and it STILL would be irrelevant, because you still are beautiful in anything that matters to a man.

In fact, you could be bald, but if you look like Jessica Alba, it doesn't matter.

• I disagree but if that's how you feel then cool. Thanks for your response!

• A fat. body. and beautiful hair does no work? Wow okay..

Well im a big woman with beautiful curly hair..

• I slightly agree on the men don't care or even understand hairstyles part, but being "big" or fat is not the point either. I tend to believe it's all about the face and the way a hairstyle compliments that face, no matter how expensive, sparkly, good or bad that hairstyle is; it only needs to compliment a girl's face and lifestyle. Curvier women are the sexiest, just to have you know – according to adult men – which puts them in a position much higher than anorexic ones or even those who over-workout. If a woman has a little bit more, it's still totally fine, don't believe me? Go watch them in the clubs.
      But yeah, the emphasis on women's hairstyles is a dedicated effort to please other women, not men, actually. Moreover? Just keep it clean, a girl can go from hobo to a hottie just by getting rid of dandruff... Straightening hair is another issue; it does help older women look hotter, but that's about it.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm pretty sure I've thought either looked good.

• I like this response. I've always wondered if guys thought women were being fake for wearing extensions.

• I think maybe some do, but I don't care.

Hair isn't who you are. It's something aesthetic. Nothing more. Do what makes you happy in terms if look and fits with your lifestyle.

• Not really an expert, but I believe you should wear or do whatever doesn't fall off in intense situations and whatever keeps you happy and confident. If natural makes you more confident and resilient, do it!

• Natural usually looks best in my opinion.

• Yes to Natural :) I Like them on Black Girls :) They are the prettiest thing of them :)

• Some of the fake hair black women wear are very convincing, I'm impressed honestly.

What Girls Said 5

• It's YOUR hair and you should do whatever that pleases you ;)

If you like natural hair, go for it!! (plus, less chemicals on your head = healthier hair and skin)

• I wear my hair natural , it just feels and looks good. You should do it! =)

• I'm going to try it out for about a month. If I like it I'll keep it up.

• Yeah thats a great idea.. a lot of videos on YouTube help a lot to if you know your hair type category.

• I think you'd look v. beautiful with natural hair!! :)

• Thanks. My issue is that my hair is extremely high maintenance. It's not like Caucasians, Hispanics, Asians... etc. It requires A LOT of TLC. It's like a high maintenance girlfriend. It won't accept anything but THE BEST. *sigh* I'm going to try it out for a month and see how it works out for me. I've already bought this expensive blow dry to help tame it so we'll see how it goes...

• yeahh ok I can only imagine my hair is like 0 effort lol. I u find sth u like either way <333 trying it out won't hurt I think.

• *i hope u

• yes! natural coily curls and waves are gorgeous! (:

• I'm black and my hair is naturally wavy. I love it. It's so easy to maintain. I don't have nappy hair. I think that there is a misconception about black women going natural. Just because you have natural hair does not mean you should leave the house without styling it. There are hair styles and products for natural hair

• There is no such thing as "nappy hair". Hair is just that... hair. I do agree though about styling it. I'm learning about my hair but I'd never dream of stepping out looking like a wild child. Hair just every where.

• Black people call each other's hair nappy

• I know they do. The majority that say it say it our of ignorance. They have no idea how to manage their hair so they refer to it as nappy. Which... In actuality is a result of lack of proper moisture to the hair. It coils up (because of its natural texture) very tightly so when I comb or brush is used it's very painful and hard to style it. Black people just need to further educate them self on their own hair.