How to machine-wash a part-white, part-coloured 'T'-shirt?

I have a new 'T'-shirt that is part-white and part-coloured. The label says that I should machine-wash it inside-out with 'like colours'.

So, should I wash this 'T'-shirt with my coloured clothes, or with my white clothes?

Obviously, when it's inside-out, the 'T'-shirt is all-white on the 'outside'.

Most Helpful Girl

• Do not wash it with whites, ever. Don't put anything coloured in your white laundry load.

Wash multi-coloured clothing with a coloured load that matches the colour on the shirt. So if it's a darker colour, it goes with the dark laundry. If it's a light colour, then with the light laundry.

What Girls Said 2

• wash it in cold water so the colours don't bleed

• Trow it in with the coloured clothes. Cold water and use a colour safe bleach.

What Guys Said 4

• I'd rinse it out by hand first, in case it bleeds.. WAsh it ONLY with the colored things, never with the white!

• Only clothes that are 100% white go in the whites set. If a clothing has any non-white color on it then it goes in the color set.

• If you're really worried I'd just wash it by itself on the smallest washing size. At least for a couple o' washes.

I just wash everything on cold and call it a day.

• Colored clothes. IF it does bleed you don't want to ruin all of the other whites.

See that's why life should be more like laundry!

• But, then, won't my other coloured clothes ruin the white part of this 'T'-shirt?

• Probably not. IF it does then it's only one thing ruined not all the rest of the whites.
      In the US there's something called "color catcher" you throw it in the wash & it suppose to attract the colors that bleed. I've never tried it.