Anyone ever permed their hair?

How was the outcome? Any regrets?

I'm thinking of going from straight to wavy.

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you considered going a non-chemical route to get waves? You could put your hair in 2 to 6 braids (depending on how deep/defined you want them), spray them with a lot of hairspray, then clamp down on them one at a time with a flat iron, slowly going down until you reach the end of the braid and then move on to the next. Once you're done with all of them wait for them to cool down for a minute or two then loosen them and you should have some nice waves. You could also put 6 to 8 Dutch braids in your hair with some type of hair setting product and sleep with them overnight.

• Yesss I've tried that but my hair is really flat and the curls don't last more than an hour. Not only do other methods take a lot of time, they're ineffective on my hair.

What Guys Said 1

• I once permed my butthole and then had a sandwich but no I never permed my hair upstairs.

What Girls Said 2

• I've had a perm to straighten my hair. I personally went bald in the front. The chemicals damage and weaken the cuticle of the hair. Luckly my hair grew back and I'm never doing that again. Maybe visit a salon and see what they can do

• Don't do it! When u brush it, it will become a giant pill of fluff!