Is it ok to mooch of the government by getting government pell grant for school?

is it ok to mooch of the government by getting government pell grant for school?

I had a eve guest who criticized pel grant for poor people.

se want nuts.

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you use it to get a job, and repay it with the taxes you are assumed to earn in the future, then I don't have a problem with people getting a pell grant. The bigger problem is that it is easier for people that don't have jobs, to qualify, instead of people busting their butts, trying to make a living. People that are working full time get turned down, when those are the hard workers that should be the ones earning extra help.

Imagine someone working two jobs trying to get their life together. Affording, and even finding time for going back to school might be impossible. This is also the type of person that is more likely to be turned down for a pell grant because they make too much. Why should someone that has never had a job, or contributed to the community, get a better opportunity than someone that is busting their butt in order to do the right thing? That is the kind of crap that bothers me. Government assistance should be going to the people that are trying to help themselves, not the lazy people that are looking for a way to avoid having to get a real job.

• school is work. so the problem with logic is if they will to go to school but can't find job they lazy because alteast at school then increase odds of getting a job after words.

and people welfare have other physical or mental problems. but jerks that chose do bad things and take your tax dollars are problems.

• Pretending that going to school, and having a job are the same thing is complete nonsense. It also doesn't have anything to do with what I am saying. I didn't say that all of them are lazy. Although some lazy people are clearly milking our system, while hard working people are denied any help, and that is unacceptable. People that have real jobs, and are actually contributing to society by paying taxes, shouldn't be turned down for government assistance that they clearly need, under the excuse they already make too much, when they can barely meet their needs. This keeps the working class from every progressing.

What Girls Said 5

• Whaaa?
    ---

• Whatever helps you out. You're a smart cookie.

• I don't get what some of ur words mean

• It's fine, but remember "the government" is hard-working tax payers. Real people pay for welfare. So if you get it, make improvements and then do your part.

• I pay taxes :)

• That's good! Everyone needs to do their part to make the system work.

• I think its perfectly alright.
    School isn't cheap. Sometimes old people don't understand this because school used to be cheaper and minimum wage used to be higher (to scale with prices back then I mean)

• this was really snobby elite person.

• well then its because they are a snobby elite person who doesn't understand what it is like to not be able to afford something

What Guys Said 4

• Yes it's okay

• That's not mooching. Your getting money and your working towards getting a degree. Now being on welfare and making no effort to get a job is mooching

• No? That's what public grants are for- so you can get the chance to go to school and get a degree that most places require anymore. It's only shady if you take those grants, waste your time in school, and don't become a productive member of society.

• get a pell grant to make that hit record we've all been waiting for.