Is it bad to sleep with makeup on?

I usually wear eye shadow, mascara, and eyeliner when I go out, but by the time I get home, I forget to take it off.
So I end up having it on all day, and then I sleep in it.

Is this bad for my skin?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not really good for your skin, that's why women should remove their makeup before going to bed. It can cause breakouts and things like that.

• Yikes!! I'll try to remember to remove it before bed.
      I haven't had breakouts in years. Don't want to start with one now lol

• Lol yeah, I mean only forgetting every now and then probably isn't a big deal but it's not something you should do often. So yeah, just try to remember to remove it before you get into bed :)

• I'll definitely try. Thanks!!

What Guys Said 2

• probably unhealthy, yes.

• Yes, it is.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah. I've heard that it can make you age faster. It can also make your skin more prone to breakouts and it can stretch your pores. If you're feeling too tired to wash your face, you should at least use baby wipes. They are not pricey.

• Yes its bad, its not a good idea you can get acne and break outs and stuff. I recommend that before you go to bed, take it off with some makeup remover wipes or whatever you have. Never fall asleep with makeup on.

• It is bad but I think we all forget to take our makeup off every now and then. I usually have some makeup wipes in my room for when I get home late and I feel too lazy to do my whole nightime skin routine.

• Makeup wipes are very handy!! My mom has some, but I use them more than her since I wear makeup more than her.

• Yes. It's bad for your pores. Also, eye makeup tends to smudge and can get into your eyes. For someone like me who wears contacts this is especially bad because mascara can flake and make your contacts dirty as well.

• Bad girl lol but I feel you.

Bacteria enter your pores trapping dirt causing acne. In the long run you'll wrinkle up faster. Make it a routine and you'll eventually get use to removing it :)

• Haha I'm a bad girl XD
      But yes, I totally forgot it can clogg my pores.
      The last time I had a breakout was at 11 (I'm 19 now), and I sure don't want it to happen again!!

• I don't think you have to worry about it. You're not prone to acne. You only got your acne because you were developing at the time. I on the other hand still get my 2 or 3 here and there, I have to change my pillow case often uf I slept with make up. You're fine :)

• Good!! Thank you :)

• No girl, you must remove thoroughly. it is bad for skin. clog pores and age skin...

• Of course. The makeup then gets into your pillows and gets into your skin causing breakouts. Your skin has pores and the pores need to breathe. Makeup combines with the oils in your skin throughout the day and it will really ruin your skin. If you are too tired to wash it off with soap and water , buy makeup removal wipes or cold cream from rite aid , Walmart or any nearest drug store. You can apply the cold cream , then take a hot washcloth and wipe it off.

• Yes it is very bad

• It makes your skin breakout so I'd try to remember to wipe it off before sleeping