How did the tragus piercing become so common on girls all of a sudden?

its weird I never really noticed this piercing or knew it was so popular until an ex gf had it a couple years ago , I always though it was weird she has 2 little silver studs on one ear and another on the other in tragus area. but after that I started to notice it was actually really common piercing on girls her age and at bar I see a lot of the younger girls have it pierced now , it just seems odd it became so common all of a sudden as nobody used to have this piercing a few years ago. its almost rather normal for a girl to have one now , not really edgy or a surprise to see it

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it was popularized by Luis Garcia. That's what I read anyway in a piercing magazine.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it grew in popularity once other piercings became common such as lobes & helix. Plus, it's small and easily hidden with hair. Can easily be mistaken for a beauty Mark or mole.

• because it's subtle and looke nice. I don't have one though, but when I saw it the first time, I considered getting it.

What Guys Said 1

• Women are more susceptible to copying fads than men.

• but how did it become a fad? who was the celebrity who first had one? I don't recall when it first became so common