Can you still get invited to college parties when you are between 29 - 34 years old?

I had an anxiety disorder in my youth and missed out on a lot that life has to offer because of that. I'm also act a lot younger than my age because the emotional abuse I got from my parents impeded my emotional development. I sometimes get mistaken for being 18 years old. I don't think any of my friends could ever guess my age unless I told them. I want to get a boyfriend and go on trips to mexico / cuba with my friends since I never could do that when I was younger but I don't know if people 18 - 21 want to mingle with somebody who is 29-34.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in a similar situation. But what many socially late bloomers don't realise is that there are other types of parties and things. There is abundance in life. Unfortunately college was the best time for that and inwen

• Sorry hit the button to soon. Um yeah college was the best for this. But now you need to focus on creating social circles and being more party adventurous. It doesn't have to be college places. Try work for a corporation as they have many parties. Get into many hobbies that require social things (like dancing or acting) and meet new people. There are also websites like meetup. com that cater for specific groups (like 30 and single) parties. The key though is to look for and get into social circles (team sports are the best, try do a sport)

• Oh and I see cougars out all the time and they do get a good rogering from young guys so why not ha ha. Just find a wing lady in a similar position and go out to a club (the more sophisticated ones are better) point is, making friends and connections takes work but it will help bring that lost part back.

What Guys Said 2

• There are four things to note:

1. You won't like the little kids and realize how much you didn't miss.

2. It's expensive to go anywhere as an older person.

3. You risk getting arrested because you bought the booze and didn't ID everyone and it's the buyer, no matter who actually manages the invitations etc. who goes to jail.

4. None of them can love you like I can. ;)

• Why don't you go to parties for your own age?
    You're gonna be a cougar in those college parties.

What Girls Said 3

• Of course. If you have younger friends, they would want to hang out with you. I have several friends who are in their late 20's or early 30's and I'm 20. Although, I'm not the partying type so I don't do that sort of thing. I don't think there's an age limit to being friends with someone though :)

• They sure do to have you buy them alcohol. Gonna be honest it's a little weird to be that old and want friends that age.

• Hmm I understand where you are coming from, about wanting back a phase in your life that you missed out on. Normally, I'd say that's far-fetched, but considering your background history, I can see why you'd want to get closure, so I say go for it.

Lol you are at a great advantage of being mistaken for being 18 =P, what 29-34 year old can say that about themselves? :)

If this is about getting closure/having fun, that's fine, but be responsible about it. Often things that appear to seem cool on the outside, aren't as great when we get closer.

Definitely take a vacation, it'll give you an interesting perspective, and travelling is always fun. Regarding people wanting to mix with someone else, most people are open to doing so if you are not dragging them down, and are fun company. Don't show your anxiety about them liking you for being older, be confident, and be open to meeting new people, and everyone will mix.

Also, other than college parties, if you genuinely wish to re-experience the college phase, why not enrol in a class or two at your local college? It'd be a great change, and a way to genuinely feel as though you are a part of something, plus learning can be great fun when we take something that interests us.