Why are bown eyes not considered as attractive as green, blue eyes?

Brown eyes are not considered as much attractive as other more 'exotic' eye colours like green, blue, grey or even hazel. I think brown eyes can be just as attractive but unfortunately not many are into brown eyes as much because they are common. Which is unfortunate as most of the population has brown eyes so I think it's infair.

Most Helpful Guy

• In general, I think brown eyes are more attractive than green or blue. But I think it mainly has to do with how your eyes match the rest of your face. Dark eyes are usually more attractive in people with darker hair and darker skin tone while light eyes look better in people with lighter hair and skin tone.

That being said, it's really not a big deal. Anyone could buy colored contacts if it bothers them that much.

What Guys Said 8

• Oh yes, the number of girls I turned down because their eyes were the wrong colour...

(seriously?)

• Because almost every single Asian is brown eyed and we're everywhere! Therefore, it isn't special so it's not considered exotic.

• I don't know, but I do prefer hazel to dark brown. I do know people who prefer dark brown to hazel. That's just how it is.

• The more exotic and rare something is, the more that it is valued. At least in the eyes of certain people.

• Cause so many people have blue eyes

• Blue and green eyes are less common (more interesting) and more noticeable. I don't think they make you more attractive, they just make you stand out more.

• It should suit your face!

• is balck attractive?

What Girls Said 12

• Brown eyes are the most common. Light doesn't reflect off them and sparkle like it does with blue/green eyes.

I have brown eyes and I hate it... I'd kill for green eyes, I am a complete sucker for guy with green eyes. If only I didn't hate putting things near my eyes so much I'd wear green contacts 24/7.

However on the plus side to brown eyes, brown eyes seem a lot more warm and friendly as blue can be quite cold.

• dudette... eyes are eyes! period

• I have a love hate relationship with my brown eyes. They sparkle and look pretty in the sun and bright lights. In regular setting they just look plain.

But I agree that it depends on the person tho. It could go either way for me. I like guys with dark smoldering eyes and guys with clear greenish blue eyes.

• Probably because they're so common :/

• The guy I liked have deep brown eyes, all eye colors are attractive to me. Blue may stand out coz not many have it but thats about all.

• Brown eyes, you seem them everywhere.. Because its the most common type of color in the eyes.. So when you see green or blue eyes!! Its nice... My eyes are brown and if I had them blue I would love that!!

• I personally love brown eyes. :)
    But then again I don't have them, and like they say... we always want what we don't/ can't have.

• I like grey and brown eyes (any shade), my self have hazel eyes.

• I'm Dutch, so blue eyes are standard here. I have brown eyes, and guys tend to really like my eye colour. So I think it kind of depends what the standard is where you live.

• I don't have brown eyes but I think they are so beautiful.

• I don't think so. I love guys with chocolate colour brown eyes. Its really attractive

• Uhh wait, are you for real? LOL