Do you think men look weird when they wear shoes without socks?

Obviously excluding flip-flops and shoes that require no socks. But I find that it just looks incredibly feminine or something. I've never heard anyone else who has a problem with it but I have never actually asked anyone. I like to dress nicely, but this is one of those things that I would simply avoid at all costs. What do you think? I am not criticising, I am just curious what you guys think.

I am asking purely about the look of it, I know that there are weird socks that can give the appearance of no socks.

g.nordstromimage.com/.../_6298282.jpg
cdnc.lystit.com/.../...7-036428654_large_flex.jpeg
1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...11+men+no+socks+shoes.jpg
1.bp.blogspot.com/.../2.png

• Yes, it looks a little weird
  • No, it looks fine
  • No, it looks good
  • See answers

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea it looks weird and I hate when my brother does it

What Girls Said 4

• Personally I think it makes a guy look lazy and untidy... And one who has no pride at all in his appearance.

• In the first outfit, it looks good because it's more of a casual look. But for dressier outfits, having no socks on does look weird.

• It depends on the person and shoe some look good and some not so much

• Ruins the shoes faster
    probably better than sandals

What Guys Said 3

• Ankle socks are ok (i do with golf shoes) but ones like the guy in the picture in jeans i just think fashion victim

• Everybody looks weird when wearing shoes without socks.

• First pic looks ok to me, it looks very casual, like something Charlie Sheen might wear in two and a Half Men.

Second pic looks weird because it's a boot that goes above the ankle, and it's not the type of boot that would be even remotely comfortable without socks (also what is with those shorts?)

Third pic looks too way hipster to me. If your wear smart shoes and long pants you need to wear socks.

Also perceived hygiene is a factor, certainly you might be wearing socks that just don't show, but esp. with guys sometimes people might assume you've got smelly shoes from not wearing socks if they can't see 'em!