How many of you tuck in your shirt?

When I go out, I usually wear layers (e. g. a T-shirt, hoodie, and windbreaker) and I always tuck in my T-shirt (in my pants). I do this because I don't like cold air going up my shirt, but at the same time I feel stupid tucking in my shirt, though I'm not sure why. How many of you tuck in your shirts? And I don't mean dress shirts or button ups / downs. I meant T-shirts, long sleeves, and whatnot.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most men's shirts are designed to be tucked, actually. If the shirt's length covers your pockets, it should be tucked. A shorter length, untucked. Untucked is very casual.

I dress in layers--looks sexy ;) --so I usually tuck. When layering, the outermost layer should be longest, inner layers shorter/tucked.

Plus, when you are tucked, you can sport a fashionable belt that can really make an outfit.

• Thanks for your answer.

What Guys Said 19

• I always tuck in my shirts & also like how it keeps out the cold. When my Dad was alive, if my shirt was out, or even if a sweater hung below my jacket, he'd say, Tuck that in! You look like a slob! Now, it's the only way I'm comfortable. There's nothing weird about it. It's Cute, Stylish & Sexy! It's just not a popular look now days. Bottom line, you need to dress how is right for YOU! If you're comfy & like how it blocks out the cold, go for it & be happy knowing you are sporting YOUR style! Hope this helps! :)

• I turn in my shirt. I am a gentleman.

• Thanks for your answer.

• I don't usually tuck anything besides button-downs, but I usually wear an A-shirt underneath for sweat or extra warmth depending on the season, and I tuck that in.

• "A-shirt" - I didn't know they were called that. Ha.

• Sounds classier than "wife beater" or "guinea tee", haha.

• HAHA. Funny you should say that because one of my friends dressed up as an "abusive husband" for Halloween and he wore one of those tank tops.

• I hardly ever tuck my shirt in, the only time I will ever tuck my shirt in is if I have to wear my business looking pants and shirt because it kind of is expected then. Especially in the hospitality industry.

• I tuck it in when
    1. It's cold and I'm wearing something over it,
    and
    2. I'm wearing a dress shirt with dress pants and dress shoes.

• I never tuck in my shirt. I wear a lot of Henleys. IF & I repeat IF I ever wore a button down & depending on where I was going I may tuck. I usually don't like to tuck a button down because the back keeps coming up out of my pants.

• I don't like tucking in button-downs either because of the way the front sticks out and makes me look like I have a pointed belly (since the front of the shirt is usually kind of stiff and inflexible due to the buttons).

• I tuck when wearing a hoodie. I don't like my shirt hanging out below my hoodie.

• Only in settings where it's formal attire do i tuck in my shirt... otherwise it's untucked for this guy!

• This is an issue for those who are climately challenged. But sometimes I like to tuck in my button ups, depends on the occasion.

• Don't laugh, but sometimes I tuck my shirt in my boxers inside of the pants because it feels more comfortable... Of course only if I'm wearing something over the shirt, for example a sweater or a cardigan

• Don't worry, I didn't laugh. :) I used to tuck my shirt in my underwear, but I stopped doing that when I realized my underwear showed when I bent over. Ha ha...

• I only tuck in my shirt to formal events lol

• never unless its really cold and I am at home.

• i do lol! i always tuck in my shirts!

• I tuck in my undershirt. I find it way more comfortable that way.

• I never do.

• "How many of you tuck in your shirt?"

6 of us tuck in our shirt

• I don't. Not for these shirts.

• Only for a special occasion when I need to dress nice.

• Thanks for your answer.

• Yes i do when i have to go to work ONLY

What Girls Said 18

• I rarely tuck my shirt. I usually don't like neither the feeling nor the look of tucking it in. I have a short torso so more often than not when I tuck a shirt in I look like

img1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Auntlegs.png

I do tuck my shirt in when I wear high rise jeans because that's what looks best with those type of jeans. When I wear black high rise jeans with a black shirt though my entire body looks elongated so it doesn't result in a non-existent torso look.

• You're lucky to have a short torso. It probably makes your legs look longer. The opposite is true for me.

• And I try to wear longer shirts so I don't look like the lady pictured above xD
      There's definitely cons to both torso lengths. I say we band together and boycott the fortunate people with equal length torso/legs lol

• Haha… :)

• Sometimes I'll tuck my shirt into my pajama bottoms since i move around a lot in my sleep and i hate how cold my back gets when my shirt rides up. But i don't tuck in my shirts outside of that

• I tuck in my shirt same as you. Just to not let any bit of skin exposed to the cold air.

But other than that, no. If it's not required, no way lol I'd feel like Hank Hill or something :P

• Gross, no. Looks bad and feels uncomfortable.

• I tuck it in all the time since my style is almost always high-waist shorts and long socks up mid-thigh.

I also tuck in so that people could see one of my short's band patches. cx

• Ooh, which bands? And where do you find band patches?

• Oops i forgot to answer which bands..

I usually list a bunch but I'll just say skate punk/thrash metal/metal (Bad Religion, NOFX, D. R. I, Suicidal Tendencies, Metallica, etc.)

• Ah. Thanks :)

• Yep, I tuck in my top for almost every outfit, unless it's cropped, form fitting, or if I'm wearing leggings. For leggings, I tie up my shirt a little higher so it doesn't just hang on me.

• I never tuck in my shirts. However, I don't like cold air going up my back either. So what I do is tuck in a camisole top, which I always wear under my shirts.

• The only time I've ever had to tuck in my shirt was for a hostess job.

• Depend on the shirt or the look I'm going for with the shirt

• It depends on the out fit & where I'm going. I wear a uniform for work & it's always tucked in.

• Nope, I usually leave it hanging.

• I don't like tucking my shirt in but I catch myself before I do it.

• Some times I do, other times I don't :)

• I only tuck in my shirt for work lol otherwise I don't :p

• Not even when it's cold out?

• Yes some people in retail can be like that and the person working has to suck it all up don't they. The customer is always right thing. I could imagine some of the things you would like to say sometimes. LOL

• @Applefan1 yes, unfortunately we have to suck it up because they're the customers -_- & pssssh oh swear... Lol I had to hold my tongue today! Lol xD

• I used to, till I realized how awful it looked.

• Not me because it makes me look geekier than I already look^__^👧

• I tuck in my shirt when I wear high-waist jeans or shorts.

• It depends on the shirt and pants I'm wearing.