Is having a consistent cologne important?

My chosen scent is wolfthorn by old spice, but I ran out and can't find any locally. I picked up a bottle of old spice original because I didn't want to be scentless on my next date.

Aside from the fact that I prefer the first scent, are there reasons to avoid alternating back and forth between colognes? Is it preferable to have a consistently recognizable scent?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• To me as long as you smel good doesn't matter to me. Smell I don't know why is a turn on when a guy smells good.

• I don't know really.. as long as you smell good! but sometimes i get confused when my boyfriend doesn't smell the same as he did the other day haha. but i understand he has two different deodrants and he sometimes switches. he alwaysss smells good though. he wears old spice :-) axe is gross. old spice is where its at.

• Hahah, thanks! Based on the comments I've seen just in this thread, someone ought to do the world a favor and write a myTake about why not a single bottle of axe should ever be purchased again. =O

• Marketing? Hahah

• lol well obviously but apparently no one likes axe! im surprised people buy their crap

• Old Spice is da bomb, man. Never give it up ;-)
    And never go to Axe, even if you're desperate.
    I don't see anything wrong with switching between colognes, especially if they smell somewhat alike.

• Hahah, thanks! Old Spice and I are good friends. Always glad to be reminded when ladyfolk feel the same. =)

• Old Spice is wonderful and sexy. Stick with it 😎

• I'm a girl/female so this is my input:
    I like to switch it up a bit now and then, personally, I don't like the same scent, like using the same perfume or in your case, cologne, for a long time. It gets boring and it doesn't smell as good when you first got it. Not saying it doesn't smell good, it still does, but the scent gets old and like I said before, boring. I mean if you really love the scent and use it a lot, use it. But my saying is that switch it up. I don't like my guy wearing the same cologne since day 1, but I don't mind if he wears the same cologne for a week. But overall, it's your choice. Good luck!
    ~LMU

• i don't think it's necessary to stick to one.

• No you dont have to stick to one always. Variety is good too

What Guys Said 1