Would you consider a gf that's does cosmetology/skincare? Or is that a turn off because guys don't like makeup?

I'm studying cosmetology/skincare and I was just wondering is that like... I don't know is it like kind of a turn off because she's too much into makeup or hair or stuff like that. And guys and makeup don't really mesh so if a girl does beauty for a living would you avoid her being to into the makeup and hair/nails and skincare even though she doesn't wear a lot of makeup herself?

Most Helpful Guy

• There's one thing to study for it, there is another thing to make a career out of it. And yes I know I'm super sexist but, I don't want my future wife to work. But, besides that, because I know you aren't looking for that type of opinion, I actually kinda like it when women wear makeup. What I don't like is a complete transformation, so like Kim Kardashian, she puts on WAY too much makeup. Makeup should be about enhancing your natural beauty. And it seems like some women tend to forget about that.

What Guys Said 13

• Girls that work in that field tend to age better and stay attractive well into their 40s and 50s.
    Major turn on.

• A woman pursing her dreams and doing whatever is necessary to better her life by earning a education in a field she loves works for me. So, no it wouldn't be a turn off for me.

• if you don't wear any make-up fine

• Yeah whats the problem with that?
    If anything its turn on! especially when the woman knows how to doll herself up everyonce and a while
    It is definitely not a turn off

• this is such a fall back career path for so many woman. i dated one maybe two and both werent the smartest of the bunch.

considering the bad experience its a turn off for me=)

she was hot but makeup obssesed like shed be very insecure without it on when in public. it got super annoying when she would NEED to wear fake lashes just to go to a local eatery on a casual night

• I'm not like that I don't even wear makeup like that. I just doing other people's makeup and hair and nails etc.

• Your profession has nothing to do with my willingness to impregnate you.

• That itself isn't a turn off but i would question our compatibility.

• Most guys that say they don't like makeup are full of shit and or can't recognize subtle makeup.

• It's not a turn off

• No, its very good... I'd appreciate a gf who cold advice me on my skin.

• My best friend just broke up with a cosmetologist. Too young for him, too immature

• Most guys say they like a girl without makeup on until they see a girl without makeup on. I personally like a little makeup on girls but only if they're going out and dependent on the girl. There's nothing wrong with a little eyeliner and cover up. My girlfriend rarely wears makeup, only when she's going out. She has really good, clean, pale skin so it's okay for her but most girls don't because they create a cycle for themselves where the makeup they're using ruins there skin then they have to wear the makeup in order to cover it up. As long as you didn't want to try the products on your partner I don't see any reason why any guy would judge you on something so pointless. They should just be happy you're working in a feminine industry and not working in a manly environment such as a garage.

• I really don't care, but personally when I get married I want a wife who has a medical career like I desire to have.

What Girls Said 5

• They make good money so I think it would be a turn on. Definitely a good thing.

• Considering you don't wear much yourself, I think they'd be fine with it. I don't think it's a guy you want to be with if he doesn't want to be with you because of your career.

• i believe they dont mind, if they mind, many sales promoter for skincare or cosmetic products would be single.

• I dont think they mind about your job in most cases. From my exoerience they mostly mind with whom do you work, if it is all males worksite or all female worksite. The make up is an issue depending on the guy

• Guys don't mind what you do, what they do mind is that you are enjoying it.