I don't like make up, and prefer simple? Do people really find those who wear make-up more attractive?

I went through a phase where I was dolling myself up, but I'm starting to hate make-up altogether.

I feel more content without it; I don't know I'm barely conscious about my looks most of the time, so it's not like I feel insecure without it.

Of course when going outside, or attending events that require you to dress up, I make it a point to do so, but otherwise, I like my all natural look. It feels good sometimes going to new places and not wondering or having to worry about someone staring, or someone being interested... you're kind of doing your own thing without a reaction.

I love it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like some makeup on a girl. It adds more life. But not a lot of makeup because that would make the face fake.

What Guys Said 6

• I think you have a really great approach to this subject. A little make up is fine, and even no make up is fine too.

• I like the more natural look on a girl actually. I hate when girls look like they live in pre-revolutionary France. When I see a girl just looking natural, it says to me, "There's a girl who just wants to be herself. She's not trying to get my attention. I should like her for who she is, and if I don't, then she doesn't give a shit."

And you like you said, going to more formal events is different, but even then, I like it when I can barely tell a girl is wearing make-up. You shouldn't look like a cheap hooker

• Exactly, that's why I like the no make-up look, it kind of shows a part of my personality, which shows I don't give a shit.

Make-up for me, even when I try lol makes me look far from a cheap girl lol. I wear lipstick, and foundation, and blush... that's it. But it's still a lot for me lol especially the lipstick with the darker shades.

Yeah, sometimes you're required to look presentable, so that's a different story, but I agree with your response. Thanks for your answer :)

• Nope... prefer all natural look

• Make up, like spice, should be used sparingly. Overkill backfires.

• I like the natural look better than all dolled up.

• Well, that's your prerogative

What Girls Said 4

• I wear makeup but only bc my skin is oily and shiny ao I wear natural looking makeup. Not bright colors. I wouldn't wear any if my skin was better

• A new study shows that men say that they prefer a more natural look.. But rated the women with a full face of makeup higher.

• lol that's funny :P

• There's a whole bunch of studies showing similar, we're not to hard to fool at least from a distance. Lipstick/gloss is probably the most dramatic though from what I've seen... it's well known that humans tend to look at lip color as a major factor when when assessing if a face is male or female.

• You know, come to think of it, this is probably why women with very short hair, or pixie cuts and stuff, like really dark coloured lipsticks

• I think guys prefer more natural make-up. I only wear minimal make-up. :)

• True say!

I think the only make-up I like that's not natural is lipstick, because it makes me feel powerful lol, but even that I'm starting to not like as much :P

• Heehee^-^
      I wear pastel lip glosses instead :)

• No makeup or very little make up is better. The girls who doll themselves up are the ones who look terrible. They're trying to hide their natural look. It's ridiculous that people feel the need to wear a mask. Personally, I want a guy to see what I really look like. I don't want him to like me because of a fake face. Most men prefer women who wear less or none. I guarantee most of the men who will answer this will say no make up. I like being a girl who is ready quick instead of one who takes hours to get ready. My boyfriend loves me because I am ready when he is. He doesn't have to way an hour for me. I look amazing too.

• Hmm I don't know I went through this phase in my life where I was putting on make up because I wanted to wear a mask, kind of like, I wanted people not to see me for who I was. I think it had more to do with me hating myself for whatever reason, than me thinking i looked ugly without it.

It's complicated; sometimes I'll see a girl wearing tonnes of make up, and I'll understand there's insecurity hidden beneath it all, whether it be about her looks, or something else.

But I agree that probably most men like it minimal, or without altogether; after all, if you like someone you want to feel a real connection with them. Plus a girl who doesn't give a shit is more attractive I'd assume, than one who cares too much.