Is wearing a bikini slutty?

so when i was on a classtrip and we were allowed to go swimming i was wearing a bikini like the other girls did but everyone said i should cover my cleavage and stop showing so much skin, the guys didn't say anything but were staring none stop, i don't say that i like to show cleavage and stuff but almost every girl wore a bikini and i just did the same thing! i wanted to have fun and not to show my body off most of them called me a b'tch, w*ore and trashy, why is it wrong for me to wear a bikini?

when reading your opinions i noticed you all are talking about jealousy but almost every girl insulted me i can't imagine that every single one of them was jealous?

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess people consider it "slutty" but it doesn't make you a slut. There's a difference.

If you got large chesticles, that's the price you pay for it. I have a big butt, and I see girls wearing like almost thong, panty-ish bottoms. But they have smaller butts, so it doesn't look slutty. If I'm not wearing like full coverage, it looks kinda trashy in my opinion and you can seem my ass. I don't like that "hanging cheeks" look.
    But I'm like a complete prude, the last person you'd ever wanna go with to the beach lol I wear "grandma" bathing suits that are like shorts and tank top. I don't like to show too much skin.

I don't consider girls skanks or whores for wearing that. But society deems that as "slutty".
    Guys will love it of course. Some girls won't. It was uncalled for girls to say that. Some girls just don't like to see other girls look better or get all the attention as well.
    It's like if a heavyset girl were to wear a revealing outfit, people would be ok with it saying she's "confident". She's "empowering", "not letting society tell her what she can and can't wear." But if a thinner girl does it, you'll have people saying she's a "skank". "Attention whore, trying to hard to get attention", etc.
    I guess society or whatever has placed different standards for different people.

• Thanks for MHO :)

• it's your choice of course! i actually like girls who don't show much skin they don't look for attention, i agree with you most girls are jealous though it's nt okay to insult someone out of jealousy, thanks!

• you're welcome

What Guys Said 26

• You have a more attractive body so that's why everyone was staring at you. The guys are attracted and the girls are jealous. You did nothing wrong. Be proud of your great body.

• The problem is you're more attractive. That actually does carry a greater sense of responsibility; welcome to the human world.

• Its probably cause you have big boobs they told you to cover up the girls were either jealous, or just don't like you because they don't like your personality or are insecure about themselves. I think the only time its acceptable to wear is when you go swimming or for your bf or husband behind close doors.

• It's a bathing wear.. It's normal and not slutty
    Unless ure wearing it out to dinner or something.. That'll just be plain weird

• If it is then the beaches of the world are filled with sluts.

Time to build a cabin on the beach!

• What is up with females hating on other females , this has to stop. More than likely you are more developed than your peers and that is the base of their degrading words either way fk em and flunt even harder if you would like or maintain yourself how you have been either way you look at it people are alway going to talk so might as well do something how you want done... Cheers and happy new years

• Was it see-through or something? I mean, calling somebody a slut for wearing a bikini seems a little... incorrect.

• Only if you wear it to church

• Since when were bikinis slutty? It's a swimwear... People are so stupid. -.-

• They were jealous that you have more cleavage than they do.
    They're just haters. Nothing wrong with wearing a bikini.

• thanks! i knew that much but it just pisses me off to get called a slut for having more cleavage

• Yep. It sucks. Some of them probably wish certain guys were staring at them instead.
      Haters gona hate.

• Jealousy plays a roll here

• They're jealous of your body

• It's not wrong of you to wear a bikini.

• Not really. It's just a form of swimwear!

• you seem to have quite big tits so im sure their reactions were born from jealousy

• i don't know you could be right they were all flat chested anyway

• swimwear is rarely slutty but is always very sexy. i bet you looked amazing

• Ignore everyone and do what you like with confidence!

• Not really, you were going for a swim. Of course you would wear it.

• Lol it's not slutty unless it's one of those g string ones

• If you were getting attention from the guys and they weren't, they were getting jealous

• no ur fine... they're just jealous of ur assets :) what size r u?

• absolutley not... I love love love a woman in a bikini

• Ofcorse not wear it with pride

• No hell no its hot

• Tell them to shut the f*ck up. It's normal as hell.

• Who cares about what they think?

• Big boobed women, are going to be called slutty, because, well, they're big boobed. It's a fact of life. I hate that it is, but that's how it works

What Girls Said 14

• No, it's not. They were just jealous and also what @Error_204 said. If you have bigger boobs than the average girl, you need more coverage than the average girl. Also not sure what you wore but just for the record there is actually a big difference between this
    www.bikinimo.com/.../z214_0.jpg

And this
    www.clothesandthings.com/prodimages/UJA202W.jpg

• i was wearing a top like the purple one and loose shorts

• thanks i will :)

• Agreed. I can't get my DD's in any bikini top like the first pic without it spilling over and that's just not attractive to me. I would wear the second one.

• They were clearly jealous of you because you were getting the most attention.
    Don't worry about what girls say, some of them are haters.

• to me, yeah, bikinis are slutty by default. wearing your underwear isn't okay in public- surprising how that changes on the beach or in a pool.

• But I wear my underwear in public all the time? It's jean patterned, so it looks like clothes?

Am I a genius?

• hmm but you just want to have fun swimming? :/

• Asker, you can have fun swimming wearing a normal bathing suit. You don't need to show your boobs/tummy/ass to swim.

@JackKerouac77 smarter than Einstein :)

• They were expecting to have a lot of attention and you "took it from them" (not your fault), so they were jealous. Wearing a black bikini isn't slutty because black is just another color for a bikini. Another girl could of worn a pink floral print bikini that show way more skin then yours and that could be considered slutty. The way you described your bikini, it doesn't sound slutty.

• thanks but they made such a fuss just out of jealousy? every opinion i'm reading is about jealousy if that's true what you all are saying they're just pathetic

• It's not slutty to wear a bikini while swimming. They are hating on you.

• No, you can't help that your body looks a certain way. That's their problem and if they don't like it they can fuck off

• Well maybe because you have a larger chest it may come off as slutty? Still they shouldn't judge and especially call you such names! Some may be jealous but they're probably just catty bitches. A lot of women are like that to each other and I don't know why.

Wear whatever you want! Who cares what they think? Damn them all.

• It's the curse of being a big chested woman, we're doomed to make almost anything look slutty when we just want to wear something cute.

• they told me to cover but i told them to stop and leave me alone, be proud! guys always stare and girls always hate :) haha i just answered my own question

• Lol you did! Maybe I'll be as confident as you one day. Keep on keepin on!

• no, just cos other girls aren't confident with their bodies doesn't mean you have to be. you go girl!

• no they are not slutty but it depends of course on the place you are wearing them and on the bikini itself. if you wear something which barely covers anything or go to the church in them then people will think it's slutty but on the beach or pool it should be fine. don't listen to them. +

I wear them on classtrips too and never had a problem. but might vary from country to country.

• Not at all, they're probably jealous because you looked better than them.

• They were/are jealous.

• It's not slutty
    If they're wearing bikinis too then they are hypocrites

• If every other girl did then i dont know why the others were picking on you, thats just mean and a spiteful. At my school we were not allowed bikinis yet us gorls had to go in first so that made the boys stare at us which very uncomfortable!

• What? No of course not.