Does it define someone?

I always wonder, does the way someone dresses really define them? I mean yeah of course to some degree. But what I'm talking about is like girls who wear revealing clothes, does it give you the impression that they are hookers or easy? Or not a girlfriend material or not the kind of girls you would ask on dates with? Cause I've seen girls with shortest skirts but have the purest heart and girls with veil but have nasty attitudes.

I'm inspired to ask this question because I saw someone on other thread where he said a girl with revealing clothes is just for a hook up and the modest one is for a date.

Most Helpful Guy

• Does it define them? No

But it does potentially say a lot. First impressions do matter, and one of the things that's taken into consideration besides just someones physical appearance I'd the way they present themselves. Sure it would be nice to give everyone a chance reguardless of that but there's only so much time, so one must be selective and ocassonally make judgment calls based on initial impressions.

So if I see a girl that dresses/presents herself like she works at hooters or just wears really revealing clothing, I am going to assume that she's potentially insecure and seeking attention, and that she's potentially wild and sleeps around. Are those assumptions nessesarily correct? No but they might be.

Same thing for guys, if a guy wears really low hanging jeans, a wife beater and a baseball hat or lots of black leather and numerous piercings. You might write him off oru assume he's potentially lacking intelligence and not the loyal relationship type. However if you see a guy dressed more formally you might have the opposite impression.

Are your assumptions accurate? Who knows but you make them. Fact of the matter is the way you present yourself does affect the way other perceive you.

Personally I think balance is key, the middle path is usually the best. I don't really like girls who look like they are part time strippers, they just give off that promiscuous vibe and that they need/want the attention to feel better about themselves. However I'm also not really into the girl thats ashamed/scared of her body to the point she's dressing like a nun.

The best is a girl that's comfortable in her own skin to the point where she can show a little skin but at the same time she doesn't feel the need to "give it all away" she knows how to leave a little bit to the imagination" so that her looks gain your interest but if you want to see more you've got to work for it.

What Guys Said 6

• As you said yourself, to some degree, a person
    will probably seekout clothing he or she believes
    make him/her look in a certain way that is to their
    liking.

So, basically, I'd say that you can see on people
    what things they like.. but of course there'll be exceptions
    I guess.. ^.~

• Yeah that's what I mean. To me, the way someone dresses is just how they express themselves, what they like. But it doesn't really show me whether or not they're good people. To me though. I wanna know what other people think.

• How you present yourself defines you.

• What if you were given 2 girls, one with a modest clothes, the other one is with revealing clothes and you would have to choose one of them to be on a date with you. Which girl would you choose?

• Alright. Thank you :)

• No, thank Aizou. He's a good guy and knows more on this than I.

• If I saw a lady in more revealing clothes I'd assume she wants some attention... And I'd be staring lol

• I'm not going to lie. Of course I judge people by what they wear. But do I let that judgement define what I think of them? No. I go and talk to them to confirm my first impression.

• I don't judge a person by there looks. But how they act.

• Yeah me too. That's why I wonder and still can't understand why people would judge by what other people wear

• Your actions define you more than the clothes you wear.

Suck my cock for 50 bucks, and I don't care what you wear, you're a hooker.

What Girls Said 2

• I think people shouldn't group people into such strict groups. One day I'll wear modest clothing and the next I won't wear very modest clothing. What does that make me, huh?

• Not really. I mean I see tons of girls wearing revealing clothing, but can act very nice. I see girls that dress modest and can act really rude. So I don't think how you dress defines your attitude.