Why do girls have such a hard time understanding this concept?

If you don't want guys staring at a certain body part of yours, don't dress in a way that draws attention to it. When you have a very low cut top with a provocative message plastered across what little fabric you have covering your chest, guess what! YOU'RE DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOUR BOOBS! Same thing with girls who have messages on the ass of their pants. So why complain when guys stare at the body part YOU'RE DRESSING TO DRAW ATTENTION TO?

The way I see it: Don't put a bulls eye on yourself if you don't want people aiming for it.

Most Helpful Guy

• Be honest on this one girls. You WANT attention... I mean show a little cleavage get a little attention right?

But here is the hard part. Be brutally honest with yourself here... you only want CERTAIN attention. Right?

Let a Hot Boy and a geek stare at you and what's the result going to be? Hot Boy it's OK but you get offended by the geek.

I have seen it many times.

What Girls Said 23

• Since nobody is really giving answers opposed to throwing stones at women that like to show some skin lemme take this one for you. Hm,okay I got some answers:

1. Because it's trend. And like it or not most people tend to follow trends. Originality tends to be the opposite of the trend,or something branching off the trend. By that you still acknowledge that you follow a trend.

2. As a tester. Some girls like to see if a guy can still be able to have a conversation and keep his calm though they have some boobs out. If a guy can do that,I have to say that's pretty good eh?

3.Guy are going to look anyways. If you're wearing too much they tell you,why don't you dress sexier? When you wear tailored clothes they only look threw them anyways..like X-Ray vision or something.

4. Girls dress for themselves. Believe it or not girls dress for other girls not for guys first. Sure they might like some attention from the male sex. But first and foremost,they dress for their peers. Girls can be really catty. And you want to top that other girl. So if that girl has on tailored low-riders and a tight short top. You have those tailored low riders with a tight midrift. It's not about "LOOK at me GUY" it's about "LOOK at me girl,as I get the attention of all these guys."

So you see you poor guys are caught in the middle. You walk up in the middle of a battle. We don't really need to hear what you think about us or how you like how we look in the outfit. It's about how you respond to me,and that girl next to you sees you responding. About how you run to open the door for me,and it shuts on her. I don't need you oogling me to,just to notice me. We get our clothes ready at night for this at times..you want to be worshipped not drooled over! Lol. Most girls that dress provocatively tend to be in relationships. That makes it even funnier! You like the idea of knowing,he better know he's lucky! Or I still got it! The bottom line is: Dressing sexy isn't for YOU,it's for ME.

• Its not the act of dressing sexy that's the problem, its the hypocritical act of complaining about the attention they're receiving because they dressed in a way that has a big LOOK AT ME! sign.

• We totally dress for other girls and ourselves. Half the things that are in style guys don't even like anyways, so it would be easier and less expensive to dress for guys.

• Oh let's be honest dear. Girls want attention..... but only CERTAIN attention right? I mean if two guys are checking you out and one is a hot boy and the other is a geek you are going to get offended by the geek staring where the hoy boy can really stare all he wants.

Truth or lie? Huh?

• I don't have any problem with a guy checking me out. Guys do it whether you really show much at all. I can wear a t-shirt (that does not show cleavage) and jeans and get checked out. I don't fault a guy for noticing. Hey, I have even been caught off guard noticing a girls boobs. It happens.

However, there is a difference between looking and staring. Savvy guys that want to enjoy eye candy without being a perv totally know how to get their glances in without staring like a starved animal. It's all good, lol.

• Of course you don't want to seem like a starved animal, the more you need something--the less you should make it obvious you want that thing, this is how people think silly or not

• You don't see many guys expressing their passion for a girl's personality, so girls who dress like that probably think they're worthless unless they're getting some kind of attention directed at them. I don't know if I'm making sense... but girls get love and lust mixed up if all they're shown is lust and it freaks them out if they don't get any attention.

But yeah, I agree with your message. I hate it when girls dress like that and then complain about guys staring at them.

• This is a great qustion, but doubt it will get many answers. I'm a bartender and I quite freqently dress very provocative as it will double my tips during a shift. I know they are staring which was my intention anyway. When I am away from work I do not dress that way.

• I completely get you. I know many girls who complain how guys are such pigs because they show no respect and stare straight at their boobs and butt. The thing is, that many girls know that this is the response they will get, they usually know that guys will be staring and sometimes commenting on what they're 'wearing.' Most of the time they start this complaining about how guys are so gross so that it makes them look better among their peers like 'that poor girl, she can't help it, those dumb guys.' Other times, some girls feel that the guy should have that respect already in-stored within himself that will keep him from ogling, what she is trying to keep covered, because girls who are bigger sometimes have a problem finding the right shirts. It all depends on the girl ;)

• Totally true. I will never get mad at a guy for lookin at me though. Haha.

• I totally agree. I'm a Christian girl and believe in dressing modestly. I mean not extremely like turtlenecks and stuff like that, but I do think it is important to keep yourself from distracting the guys. I can't stand it when girls where the lowcut, tight tops and shorts that barely cover their butts and then complain because guys give them the wrong kind of attention. It doesn't make sense to me. I have several close guy friends so I constantly hear their comments about how girls dress. Girls! Listen up please! Some guy while they do enjoy the view, are actually trying to avoid lusting. Cover up! And if you dress in a way that attracts the guys who are just in it for the physical, you are just bringing it to yourself. If you want a guy to like you for you, COVER UP!

Sorry, didn't mean to preach :) just a peeve of mine!

• You shouldn't generalize girls like that. Some women are downright bitches and like to flaunt what they have, and complain at how they're being noticed. This doesn't mean all girls like to dangle their assets in your face, then snatch it away and scold you for doing something natural.

• He isn't talking about all girls. He is talking about girls that do this.

• Yep, you are completely correct. Also, you sound like a bit of a jackass who needs to learn to chill out.

Here is a suggestion. Look...but don't stare like a moron. Why can't the girls just think they look nice, the guys enjoy the view discreetly and everyone chill and be happy?

• Totally disagree. Women don't just want to look nice, they want the guys to know it too. So quit rubbing your own ego.

• Girls need to stop bitching about it.. You don't complain when some inedible fish takes the bait on their hook.. You put it out there. You deal with the boots and snags...

• Oh, we know. I do, at least. I don't do it so that they'll look, but I do it knowing they probably will and understanding that it's my fault. Girls know though, or most of them do. If they don't , they're kind of stupid. It does get annoying though, if they super stare or start getting creepy about it. Check me out, whatever, but don't stalk. hahah.

• I once saw a short girl (about 5'2") in a grocery store with quite big boobs wearing a wide open top where it was very easy to look down her boobs. However, that's not just what really drew my attention to those sweeties. She had a tat put in her cleavage--between her boobs. THAT is what drew my eyes to look down her top. You cannot make me believe she didn't think guys were not going to look at her t*ts.

• Hahahaha, Yeah, she clearly wanted eyes on her boobs.

• they are not dressing for u. they are dressing to look nice. like sometimes girls don't mean to. like they wear a cute top and can't help it. even teachers at my school do it. but you should respect them and not stare. like girsl clothes also get looser during the day. and in the morning when trying stuff on its way different from when we move and walk around.

• The top I was referring to was a white form fitting baby tee with a graphic of hands covering her boobs. you can't wear that ant not expect to be stared at.

• Well I guess ur right lol never thought of that but you no what I mean like sometimes girls can't help it.

• Maybe it's to draw attention away from their faces?

I don't know many girls that dress like that, the ones that do are desperate attention seekers and guess what? By paying them attention, you are encouraging them.

• WOW ! We encourage them to wear such clothes ! I didn't knew that ! But we are boys after all. We cannot help staring at something which is supposed to be hidden or covered decently. And when we do look, these girls say "Look at that idiot, he is ogling at me ! And he is moving closer to me to have a peek at my stuff !"

• They want attention, you give them it and that encourages them. If it bothers you, stop paying attention to them.

• If it's attention they want I should have the right to give it to them.

As a matter of fact, I almost feel obliged to ;)

• I agree as a female you dress how you want people to see you and if tou let them hang out men will look. Dot complain. You dressed yourself this moeining.

• agreed!

• Right on!

• Girls like it wen you look over and giv a little smile or look.

If your just all out staring then that's probly why they get so offended

• majority of girls don't dress to impress but to make themselves look and feel nice about themselves .

• hahahah, that's funny, but true!

• I hate it when girls do that! I mean, if your going to let it all hang out, of course guys are going to stare! I'm a totally straight girl, but when it's all hanging out it's about impossible to ignore and it totally grosses me out. Some girls need to get the message that it's not just going to be the cute guy who stares, but the creepy old men will, too! I'm really tall, too, so if the tank top or whatever isn't straight across, I can see all the way down! Ewww!

• When I get dressed I am thinking about what do I think looks good and looking fashionable. I don't dress for guys. I'm pretty confident in myself so if a guy stares it doesn't bother me, I just don't like the few guys that think it's okay to leer at you and make you uncomfortable. Looking at a girl in a sexy outfit is fine but don't use that to justify harassing me or making me feel uncomfortable.

• Uh-uh Sweetcheeks. You being uncomfortable is totally up to YOU to control. Now if the guy is leering then you ignore him. The problem comes in if you see that same guy a short time later grabbing his crotch, pumping his hips and making slurping noises at you; THEN it's time to make a report. But when you step out your comfort is totally within your realm of control; not others responsibility. You chose to wear the outfit. Take the good with the bad.

• My boobs are DD and I don't wear writing plastered across my chest but my boobs are usually showing because of the reason above. Though I don't really care when guys stare because that is exactly how some of my good friends are so I just got used to it. but yeah some girls get really mad and p*ssy. Truth is they probly wear it to get attention but they want different attention then they are getting.

• I guess those girls lack confident, they can't grab the attention when being conservative so they show as much as they can of their bodies to grab attention, and they succeed in it ...

• ok, I agree with you on that because I know SO many gurls who do that

What Guys Said 9

• They don't have a hard time understanding this concept dude. They totally understand it. The ones that dress that way and then have the gall to be offended are hypocritical b*tches in every sense of the word.

Now if the guy is being a jerk and making a scene about his "admiration" then sure she has just cause. But if the MF is just staring and smiles a little longer than others, her taking offense is totally hypocritical. She wore the outfit and decided it was what she wanted to wear out. Take the good with the bad.

A buddy of mine put into words what vibe "these" type of women go by; and that's " Women dress up (in form fitting clothing) because they want to be SEEN. Not to be paid attention to."

Which is a ridiculous expectation in itself. Totally hypocritical.

• I refuse to date women who dress provocative, but at the same time, if you run into a women who sparks up a conversation and dresses provocative, it's not hard to show some restraint and look into there eye's when their talking.

• Because they put it on to get "that cute guy" they have their eye on to look- but not anyone else. They complain because they secretly want everyone who isn't "attractive" or "hot" to leave them alone, nevermind that it's a completely independent viewpoint, up to each person to decide. So they put them on not for the whole world but for someone special.

Retarded, isn't it?

• yeah, I don't really know why they do that, especially the ones who know that you have friends who have the urge to smack you when you start to look...it's painful, but boy is it sweet

• Sometime the girls intend to attract certain people. She dresses up like that for President Clinton to stare at her. So if you're not Clinton, don't stare.

• I agree so much!

• the world would be such a better place if all girls realized this.

• Or better yet why is it so hard for us guys to NOT look at a woman that way and just treat her with some respect?

• I was referring more to the very obvious slutty ones, see my comment to the most recent female answerer.

• what are you talking about? no one is complaining

everyone is just asking stuff