Im 14 and im obsessed with piercings. why?

im pretty casual and I've been told im really shy. i have 6 piercings (ears) and i have so many future ideas for piercings. my parents won't let me get any anywhere besides ears. but why have piercings caught my attention?

why is this on relationships? i have no idea i didn't put it there

Most Helpful Girl

• You love the look.

When someone loves something a lot, its easy for them to go overboard with it.
    Especially when they don't have discipline to stop that behavior.

I think getting piercings is a high for you.
    And is sort of a compulsive behavior.

• why high or compulsive?

• ooh yesss it does. thank you for your opinion

• No problem. :)

What Guys Said 2

• Do your homework. Lol jk but seriously if you're really that worried about your parents and stuff just wait until you're 16, get a job, and pay for it yourself.

• Because you're 14

• so what. I've been thinking of piercings since i was like 12. my parents thought it was a phase but its been two years and my ideas haven't changed

What Girls Said 10

• You enjoy the look of them. I like the look of piercings as well, however i'm not overboard with them. I have 2 in each ear, lip pierced and I had my nose pierced for awhile but I took that out. Even though I think piercings look pretty, I don't think i'm going to get any more.

• why not?

• Job, etc. I can easily take my lip ring out without having to worry about it growing up because i've had it for quite some time now. However, if I got a new piercing, I would have to take it out and it would grow up quickly, would be a waste for me.

• you like the look of them. you think it's cool and rebellious. a ton of piercings aren't really that cool, i promise you. no one will look at you and think you're amazing. simply put, it's because you're still young. you said your views haven't changed in 2 years, since you were 12. lol thats just because you're still a kid. not much changes from 12-14 in your mind, sorry to say. if you really want all those piercings when you're 18, then go ahead and get them and pay for them yourself.

• I pierced my own tragus when I was 16... very dumb idea of mines. Maybe you like them because your parents don't want you to pierce anywhere else?

• haha maybe, why was it a dumb idea? those look great but i heard its the most painful one for the ear

• Lol! It never healed right. I think I punctured it twice lol, man that thing hurt! I must say, I got mad compliments from it :)

• haha i can imagine

• I love piercings, always have always will. If you like it wait until your older and do it

• I'm still into piercings.. My guy is getting an internship to be a piercer.

• Because they look cool and everyone has a different standard of beauty.

• Because you're 14

• again, really

• Again!

Im not discouraging you from getting them, I have piercings, I just think you're more fascinated with them because of your age and needing parental consent so it's kind of taboo for you to get them, Ya know?

• oh lol i see what you're saying thank you

• I'm 21 and I'm really into yugioh. I need hum an at en tion /fd. gi im s ofg loo nneyly uw wu

I don't know lol why is anyone into anything [shrug]

• Yeah I hate to say this, but maybe listen to your parents on this.
    Ears are cool, we all do that.
    If you don't mind my asking, respectfully, what type and where else would you pierce..

• okay well.. my lip, tongue, monroe piercing, and maybe an eyebrow piercing too. its not bad is it? nothing like tits or naval or clitoris those just aren't right

• Awww you're just too young for all that.
      Tongue, for real?
      I hope you at least wait until you're 18 or so.
      Love ya!
      :)

• i know theyre just plans! thank you

• Cuz your weird and you need Jesus

• im an athiest thanks for you opinion

• That's not the point at all; you can go ahead and like your basic things. I really dont care at all. Not in the slightest. What I do care about however is how you a.) give christians a bad name b.) bash people for being different from you and c.) ignore verses like "if any of you is without sin let him be the one to cast the first stone", yet claim to be a christian.

• dont even waste your time on this ANON