Why do most women refused to be measured or try on a bra when they go bra shopping?

Recent reports states that 80 percent of women wear the wrong bra size.

Is it time consuming?

Or, is it the woman refused that their size changed?

Most Helpful Girl

• Getting measured is something I never did. When we were out shopping my mum used to always tell me I should and I'd always say, yeah the next time I will. It was just hassle and yes, when I was younger I'd have been embarrassed too. I finally went last year, and I honestly got such a shock. I couldn't have been more off with my size. Like I didn't think I could have been THAT wrong. I thought my bras always fit but the new size actually feels and looks so different. It's really deceiving. I had 3 weeks of my mum, sister and the girls looking at my boobs going, "really? I'd never have thought that." haha. I would encourage people to go get measured, if you're anything like me, you could have it completely wrong.

What Girls Said 10

• wellll i shop the right size. i just dont need to be measured, and I'm uncomfortable with some stranger all up in that area-.-
    i do try before i buy tho.

• Per trying in. It's a hassle. I hate shopping as it is. I never try things on I just buy them. Take it home. If it doesn't fit take it back or give it away. But that never happens bc I know my size.

As for being ensured well obviously I don't want soemome putting their hands in my body unless it's soemone I want putting their handson my body.

• I buy my bras without initiating contact with anyone in the store. The first and last time I tried that, the girl just checked me out, yelled "You must be a 32B", grabbed the bra I was holding and led me to the dressing room as she flung it around, and after that she adjusted my boobs in them. It was just super awkward.

• Where did this happened?

Gf goes to Nordstrom to shop. She had no problem with their bra fitters.

• There was only one other customer so maybe she thought it was okay. But they had male employees as well, and I'd prefer to keep that bra to myself.

• Wow. My gf and I were shopping at Nordstrom, and she decided to get a bra. The fitter took her to the fitting room. My gf drag me to the fitting room to get my opinion. I was surprise by the fitter professionalism.

• What I didn't know that? I try on bras , because it would be a waste of my money buying pricy bra for the wrong measurement.

• I still try bras on, it feels like a long time, and its awkward getting fitted for one.

• I would say it's more time consuming than anything, or invasive if you're not comfortable being touched by a stranger. I've gotten a couple of fittings but the one I'll never forget was the lady who made me believe I was bigger and convinced me to buy that bra.

• It's just so awkward.

• i try the bra , i don't care if others knew the size of my bra !

• because it is not comfortable

• i shop at victoria's secret and they measure you there but you can refuse and i refuse because i measure in my house it can be wrong but it is better than someone touching me in their (not so comfortable)

What Guys Said 3

• I know my wife had to change shops because the saleswoman was a too obvious lesbian.

• For the downvoter: the woman couldn't keep her hands off my wife.

• I believe what you are saying, but I wonder if your wife may have been over sensitive about the normal touching that goes on in a fitting. You can see that @Azara sees any contact as invasive to her. I am ot saying that I feel your wife is that way, just saying that maybe that is part of it.

• Possible: I understand @Azara

• I know, it's weird right?

Like, I try on bra's in public all the time.

Doesn't bother me.

• I think it's like pens like we do not want to let our exact size to be known in public so we usually say it +1-2 inches then what it is.

• lol Comparing buying a bra to bragging about penis size. Nope!