What do guys think about women with natural hair?

My hair is super curly/nappy and hard to deal with. Guys, what are y'all opinions on a woman hair? Expecially women with natural hair? Girls can answer, I like to hear different opinions!

Most Helpful Girl

• First off I HATE the term nappy. It was a word invented by women who had not the slightest clue about their hair. You just have very textured hair.

As for my opinion on Natural. I just started wearing my hair a couple days ago. I have been natural for 7 years. I stopped perming my hair back in 2008. Since then its been quite the struggle I'll admit. I've just now gotten a strong idea of what it is my hair likes and doesn't like.

Its all trial and error and never giving up.

I can truly say it's so worth it. To know you can look attractive with your own natural hair speaks so much more than sew-ins, quick weaves, and lace fronts. It boosts your self confidence so much more.

My hair has brought me lots of tears and happiness I wouldn't take any of the experiences back with my hair. I've come to truly love my natural (hair) self.

What Guys Said 9

• Love it , natural is good but it should also be well groomed that's the way I look at it.
    I wish I have curly hair , mine just flops down lol

• Haha, curly? It's okay, since mines are really right curls it takes hours to do. Expecially when I washed it. Sometimes I wish my hair was straight.

• Which is a bit weird lol
      Cos they aren't really putting their natural beauty to give themselves an edge and instead is copying our Asian floppy watermelon hair.

I just wish people can be themselves you know?

• I know where you are coming from, and you're right you can control a girl mind. No matter what you say they might still hate it. But I think everyone should be themselves!!

• If you keep it clean then I think it's all good.

• they can be beautiful as they are i guess

• Natural hair's the way to go.

• I think you are super cute. Honestly I wouldn't judge by Looks anyway. I would rather know you better, and judge you by your Personality :).

• do they even exist? XD most girls manipulate their hair in any way.

• I think you mean what non black guys think, not guys all across the board... Why not just say that?

• I wanted all opinions, no matter what race!

• Black guys are the main guys I've heard say kinky hair is ugly. I think it's because in the black community having "blacker features" (example bigger lips, broader nose, darker skin, etc) is frowned upon. So it's something they've been taught not to like. Also there's this idea that if you have kinky hair your less put together.

• Not all black men think like that aamy811 and you should know better than that... It's time to FOCUS on the black men who DON'T down black women for having dark skin and/or natural hair and STOP giving all this special attention to those that do have a problem with it.

• Where I'm from girls don't wear fake hair so I'm not a fan of fake hair

• Love it. Prefer it over all other styles and honestly hate it when girls don't wear it that way but I've learned to shut up and accept it because it's not my head

• It's not that they dont like it, it is just very high maintenance and takes a lot to keep it healthy and moisturized.

What Girls Said 7

• Please don't say nappy that's a derogatory word that causes kinky hair to have a negative connotation. I suggest kinky as a better alternative
    Though I don't have kinky hair I still LOvE IT!!! It's so cute and when it's well taken care of its super soft. I love kinky hair it's so awesome.
    Also how long have you been natural, I've been natural since 8th grade and I'm in college now
    I know a lot of guys especially black guys. No especially black people don't like kinky hair. I thinks it's because we've been taught that it's bad and we should try to change it. But I don't care I love it and you should embrace it

• Natural hair the best :D

What kind of curl pattern do you have? 3a? 3c? Etc..

• Haha, I'm in the 4's the Coily kinky hair! Im like a 4a and 4b!

• I see I see. My curl pattern is weird. i'm like a 3a/3c but I'm also still transitioning lol

I can tell ya, I've never had any complaints with my hair. I'm sure there are lots of guys out there who will love and appreciate the beauty of it.

• I think your hair is gorgeous! I think natural hair is v. cool :3

• I doubt they think much about women's hair unless it's dirty/some crazy color.

• I have natural hair and my guy friends like it. Sometimes they play with it, sometimes they compliment it.

• Miss your hair isn't really nappy. I have seen worse. But I've been natural my whole life. My mother wouldn't allow me to have a perm because I didn't need it I have 3b hair. Also what hair products do you use? I use carols daughter but I used to use regular Pantene. But I think you look great with natural hair

• I have very thick 4a/4b hair, and I honestly love it natural. I use to wear my hair straight in middle school. I chopped all of that off sophomore year of high school and regrew it. Now im a senior in HS and my hair is past arm pit length, and about an inch and and a half from full bra strap length.

Now for you question, giys I know are fascinated by my afro textured hair and some even ask to touch it lol! I think as long as it's healthy it will look good. I know afro hair is hair to maintain, so not everyone knows how, but it's been completely worth it in my opinion. I would never straighten my hair again. Instead I do African banding, twists /twist outs, and flat roll...

• And your eyes are close to my eye color! And we have the same hair type :D

• My eye are hazel! :D they change for brown, ro geenish, to gold, and orange-ish lol

• Protective styling (keep it stretched ) and moisture :) I used the loc method but with EVOO, water, aloe vera juice. (I use to seal with Cantu shea butter but it it feels too heavy now... )