Shiny hair - any tips?

I have naturally thick and dry hair. I've had it highlighted 3 times before, but that made my hair worse so I stopped having highlights put in. Now I find it really hard to make my hair look smooth/shiny. Its naturally curly as well, which doesn't help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Ive used loads of conditioners, hair masks, shampoos and sprays. Nothings worked yet. Apart from conditioner out of hair dye packets, that I used to get off my mum when she died her hair, but she doesn't dye it any more. So I'm stuck.

Most Helpful Girl

• Most salons have a service called glossing that'll make it nice and shiny. I also have naturally thick/ curly hair but I straighten it a lot. If you go to a beauty supply store, they sell the big bottles of the conditioner that comes with hair dye. I also got these recipes out of Hair Style Guide Magazine that sound odd and gross but work!

To control thick locks: Mix 1/2 cup of Rosemary leaves, 1 cup of water and 1/2 bottle of your shampoo of choice. Lather up with a capful or two, then rinse for clean, vibrant, hair. Store the rest for use as needed.

To soothe dry strands: Mash 1 avocado, adding it to 1 cup of Coconut milk until the consistency is that of a conditioner. Apply and leave on for at least 5-10 minutes. RInse thoroughly for shiny, hydrated hair.

Try these out and I hope they work well for you! (Styling serum also works wonders, but don't use too much or it will look greasy)

What Guys Said 2

• Hey love;

one word biotin its a vitamin and it helps with hair nail and skin health I promise if you stop using products for two weeks and take it you'll be a gem in no time

• Use Pantene? I just wanted to say that so I can holla at your girl

What Girls Said 3

• I bought a chi hair straightener and it makes my hair very sleek and shiny! Try a good hair straightener. And if the conditioner in your mom's hair dye box worked, then try going to a salon and asking for color care shampoo and conditioner. It will be more expensive but it could be worth it.

• Try a clarifying shampoo and conditioner. Nexxus does them best. They help take impurities and chemicals out of your hair so it shines naturally and not due to chemicals or anything else. It helps to use two different brands. Use one for a couple weeks and then use the other one. It keeps your hair from becoming used to a certain type of shampoo and then not responding how it's supposed to.

• I apply olive oil to my hair every night before I go to sleep and then in the morning I take a shower and wash the oil off with Pantene ice shine with conditioner. TRUST ME it works! Plus, because of the olive oil my hair stays shiny for more then a day and fresh too. Just make sure you wash off all the olive oil other wise your hair will be greasy. But yea, olive oil and Pantene ice shine will give you GREAT SHHINNY hair! Try it!