What should I wear to my friends' wedding in March?

Two of my friends are getting married in March, and I've been invited to the wedding. I don't know them all that well, even though I've known the groom since I was like 11 or so, but I know a lot of the people who are going to the wedding, including an ex crush that treated me poorly in the past and possibly my new crush, so for several reasons, I'd really like to look my best, without upstaging the bride. I know white is a faux pas, and I've heard that I shouldn't wear black to a wedding either, but that doesn't leave me with a lot. What do you west to a wedding? I haven't been to one in years except one where I was the maid of honor, but I didn't have to worry about what to wear for that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pick a color you look good in. I think a long sleeved body con dress would be cute in blue. Or a midi maxi dress could also be cute if you're tall enough. Pick your best asset and flaunt it but don't flaunt everything. I've worn two dresses that had a white top and black skirt to wedding receptions and nobody cared. I think black is fine to wear at the reception but not the ceremony.

What Guys Said 1

• Usually you pair with your eye and or hair color.

What Girls Said 1

• A nice simple dress