I want to wear heels but I don't want to tower over my fiance. Are there any other shoes that are flattering and dressy that don't have heels?

My fiance and I are close in height (I'm 5'4 and he's 5'6/5'7) so when I wear shoes with any type of heel I am taller than him and I don't think he likes it too much. I am trying to get a Valentine's day outfit together and I want to wear heels with my dress but I don't want him to be upset or bothered by it. What other shoes are flattering but don't have heels?

What Guys Said 2

• Flats -Filler-

• When the heels make her taller than me, I find it EXTREMELY hot. As long as she's shorter, without them

What Girls Said 3

• 5" heels do not make you 5" taller. For example, when you stand on your metatarsals in a relevé position, your heels are in the same position as they would be in 5"-6" heels. yet, you are not 5"-6" taller. Platforms are the only part of the shoe that makes you that much taller (1" platforms will make you 1" taller). So if you wear 3"-4" heels you should not be taller than your fiancé; at most you should be his height. Try to wear heels that are called "single sole" because they have absolutely no platform.

• cute flats. tons out there.

• Um... there are flattering flats but heels give a certain message that flats just don't.

In other words, if you go to an opera or a wedding or some other occasion that dictates formality, you won't command the same attention in flats that you would in heels.