Do You Guys Out There Really Hate Makeup That Much?!

A Huge Guy Friend Of Mine Hates Makeup And A Few Of My Other Friends...Is It True Or Do I Just Have Weird Friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys say they hate it, but then they wouldn't look twice at a plain jane with absolutely no makeup on. I think too much makeup is tacky, I like the natural look and I think guys do too. A little bit of foundation like a mineral powder or something and some mascara (clump-free and natural looking, of course) is good, but when you can see the texture of an inch of makeup on a girl's face it ain't pretty. You should be able to see your skin underneath your makeup, that's why I like powder foundations because you can apply more to conceal flaws and then just a light layer over the rest of your face so your skin and all the cute things guys like that would be covered by too much foundation like freckles and rosy cheeks etc are still visible.

Basically, a little enhances your natural beauty and if done right it will look natural, but too much makes you look like a Thai transgender prostitute named Bo - not sexy.

What Guys Said 25

• Dont over do it. it's nice in some ways and can fancy things up a bit but over doing it has the opposite effect. Same with perfume. A nice smell is a nice smell but too much of a good thing is bad.

• no, that's pretty much the general consensus among guys

• Hold your horses because you're not going to like this: Women's perfume are designed to attract women. Men's cologne and scents are designed to attract men. That's how the cosmetic industry is able to sell and make money.

Women buy perfume because they like the scent and assume that that if they like it, guys like it too. And guys assume the same thing. So do you wonder why women buy Chanel and guys buy Axe?

Logically, women should wear Axe and men were Chanel.

As for heavy eye makeup, etc? Another marketing ploy because they know women like to spend the time painting their faces like artwork.

• Actually, the perfume thing is the other way around. I'm learning about this right now. Companys make women perfumes to attract MEN. We ALREADY have this natural scent that attracts the right men for us though, so wearing that stuff screws with it.

• So you use chanel tostig? ;)

• I don't buy into the industry.

• Doubt it, but I guess most guys dislike *too much* of it. A little eyeliner of mascara never killed anyone, but putting 10 layers of coating on your face is just ewwww.

• I did wear a lot in my past I wear a lot less now lash and eyelliner is it :] thx for your anser

• I HATE makeup so much. Makeup is nothing but a mask. Let Halloween be Halloween and you be yourself. Please. Makeup does nothing but cover up the beauty that attracts the guy anyway

• Wow, it's amazing how a comment like yours got 2 thumbdowns. You're absolutely right!!!

• Yes. Most do. The ones who don't mind probably don't mind because the don't notice it (eyes elsewhere)

• for the most part we hate when its over done. But..me personally, I like girls who wear very little make up and don't do crazy things with thier hair. I hate it when like at a prom or wedding..the women all get these intricate hair styles done that have flowers woven into it and its all tall and took hours to do, and lots of cash...and it makes you look 1/2 as pretty as you would with it down.

• Well there is a thing as too much makeup. Sometimes you should let your TRUE beauty show instead of masking it with makeup. Too much makeup can make you look like a freak and can scare people away. So makeup is fine unless it's over used. Then it becomes a bad thing...

• yea putting on pounds and pounds of foundation is just a big no stay away from makeup most of the times

but if you had to wear makeup I would pick to wear lip gloss and some eye shadow

and that's it,

no bronzer, concealer, lip liner, lip stick, blush nothing!

• Eyeshadow without eyeliner or mascara can, sorry to say, look retarded. it does nothing forhte eyes by itsel, just make a girls eyes look washed out. and lip gloss should never be worn without anything else, it should be used as a finishing touch to enhance the lips. I'm a qualified make up artist btw.

• OFCOURSE true parisa ALSO eye shadow without concealer don't go.. concealer without foundation will fade..although I don't use a foundation at all.. That's why it fades hehe

also GURLS you usually see who looks like they re not wearing make up will belieeeve me they re wearing make up more than a drag queen!!

• Alright I'm sorry please forgive me

i don't know these things

what I was trying to go for is

to me I don't think girls need makeup

i think all girls are beautiful but their personalities make them ugly

• I don-t like make-up on a girl. Maybe just a little blush or eyeshadow just for a light foundation as long as your keeping your natural look. To many girls are putting on a mask and hiding who they really are and what they really look like. So to a guy, when a girl puts on makeup and it makes her look a little different, to us we just see an alter-ego. -Drack V V

• It's not so bad as long as you can still see the texture of their skin under it... In other words, in my opinion, it shouldn't be caked on their cheeks.

• I use to hate women who wore makeup because I use to feel that they thought looks ment everything and they would only want the typical athletic man. Now I know my assumption is half righgt, most women wear makeup and I don't mind as long as its not in excess.

• Guys hate deception. Boob jobs are fake and so to me are a total turn off.

Make up is OK so long as it very subtle and does not look fake. All in all, the less the better.

• some women need makeup. But to much is nasty . Everything in moderation is good.

• I would say that if you can put it on in less than 5 minutes it will probably be okay.

• sounds reasonable, if you can pull it off then wear it but some girls look way hotter natural

• I totally hate make up ! looks should be natural , a little make up doesn't do that bad ,.. but a face telling I have done allota make up .. totally is not so good .

• Yeah, it always looks stupid; but almost all girls cake the sh*t on. Oh well, it's their face they can do as they please!

• I like makeup with the exception of blush and foundation. Don't do it!Evar!

• Are you saying to wear or not wear blush and foundation? cause honestly I look soooooooooooo much better with those two.

• Feel free to send me a pic so I can give you a more personal critique but generally, I think blush and foundation don't contribute to a girls beauty and are worse for your skin and overall looks in the long run.

• I like the all natural look I mean a little bit is nice but not to over do it. like a litle eye shadow and mascara

• eyeliner always good

• YES

• its good behind closed doors but in public it screams attention whore. Trully it's attractive but the end is always the same, sex actraction or object is the attraction all guys know what your doing knows ones fooled why because if he's attracted he gets hard and he knows othrs do to he just wants his to be the one.. Find anther level to meet a guy on.

• It's probably because I love her so much that I think she looks better without make-up but she wears it for her job as a Sales Executive.

• I don't like makeup.

What Girls Said 8

• i put on makeup which takes more than 5minutes, and at the risk of sounding conceited, I've never had a problem getting a guy's attention. I think most guys dislike the IDEA of makeup and makeup applied badly, but if you look at the reality most "hot" girls do apply and celebrities definitly paint the stuff on. so I'm sorry but I don't buy the whole makeup is unattractive. I rarely find girls who don't apply any makeup attractive and I work in the modelling industry.

• I know I'll be accused of being patronising but I honestly think unless a guy's a make up artist he really does not understand the application of make up. most guys wouldn't be able to tell what makeup a girl has applied unless it was really bold so a monkey couldn't miss it. this is proven by the guy above saying he'd prefer a girl to wear just eyeshadow and lipgloss and any girl who wears a minimal amount of make up could tell you that just those two on a bare face would look ridiculous.

• I have sisters and I know how to apply makeup

i don't know exactly how you do it but I know the basics and I can tell when girls are wearing makeup

• I personally like not wearing make up most of the time. I only wear it on special occasions (or if I'm going to work, because I think not wearing make up is kind of rude in a service industry... your client, customer, patient doesn't want to see those tired bags under your eyes... but I keep it to a minimum, even the skin tone out and add some blush, good to go). In this way, whenever I do go out on special occasions, people are like "WOW - you look SO beautiful." If I wore make up all the time and then stopped it would be the opposite, "Are you OKAY? You look awful."

Honestly - foundation helps to block your skin from things like UV damage and can actually prevent dirt and other impurities from getting into your pores (if you have a good one - I use bare escentuals), so it isn't all bad. I won't wear it all day though - just when I'm out in the sun for long periods of time - my skin needs to breathe too :)

• my boyfriend hates it when I wear make up so yeah some guys hate make up

• A lot of my guy friends and one of my exes hates makeup too. Some guys only like a little bit, but not too much.

• I think guys don't like it when girls make make-up look so dramatic. I actually wear a lot of make-up but make it look naturally.

• My husband like make-up, he likes me either way but he really like different types of eye shadow.

• DUHH. guys hate makeup. BIG TIME.

• First, bigcapsing the initial letter of every single word makes you look like a retard.

Second, makeup is good when it's not too much.

I myself don't wear makeup too often (just mascara and lip gloss), but I love putting makeup on my friends. :)