Beware: super-long post: why don't guys like me?

I'm 17 (almost 18), and a senior in high school. I think I'm average looking, and very athletic (I participate in sports all year round). I have shoulder-length blonde hair, blue eyes, 5'7". I swim and marathon canoe race so my upper-body is very muscular, compared with my hips and waist which are... nonexistent. My arms and legs are freakishly long compared to my short torso, but I love it. Who wouldn't want long legs? xD

I love to read, draw and paint. All my friends tell me that I'm happy all the time; I always have this huge goofy smile on my face, and pretty much anything can make me laugh. This is sometimes really irritating to me when I'm angry, because I just can't stay mad, and eventually I smile even if I'm still p*ssed. I have a really great family and a big circle of (girl) friends. I know I'm quiet: I just never feel the need to say anything in class. I'm pretty out-spoken when I'm with people I'm comfortable with, but with strangers or people I just met, I'm a wall flower. I always initiate any conversations with guys, I haven't had a guy come up and talk to me before. When I start talking to someone, I ask them questions, and then tell them a little about me, so its not like I go up to them and tell them my life's story or anything. Which, admittedly, would be creepy.

I have NEVER been on a date, been kissed, etc, and guys don't really talk to me... or if they do, they never ask for my number or ask to see me again or anything. A few of my friends have boyfriends, most have been on a date at least. So I'm wondering if I'm sending funky signals or something? I'm hoping that college guys will show more interest. haha

I've been told (by my friends) that I'm... intimidating? I have NO idea where that came from. But anyway, I was just wondering if something popped out at you that I could do differently to not scare people off, or at least encourage a guy to talk to me.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• Some girls just intimidate guys. Maybe you look like the type that would turn them down and throw them head first out the door? Or maybe you are extremely good looking and guys are afraid to approach you because they think they don't stand a chance. Maybe try talking to some guys in your class? Guys are shy, too.

Hope I helped!

What Guys Said 2

• wait till college ahahaahah.

• I never been kissed and I don't talk to women much so I can see where your coming from. You sound like a nice girl, so I don't know what the problem is maybe you could have some of your friends introduce you to some nice guys.

What Girls Said 1

• Without some better pictures it's really hard to give some kind of judgment physically. So I'll say this. I was in pretty much your exact shoes with regards to guys at that age. Then I hit 19 and suddenly something changed. Since then I've never been without male attention. Really. Even if I wasn't actively dating someone there were always a few guys asking me out and letting me know that they were interested. So you're still young and a lot can change.