Does long hair look unprofessional? what if it is dyed?

i want to grow my hair long and make it ombre. i did this last year, when i was still in college, but now i'm in medical school and will hopefully have a job in a hospital by this summer. do you think long ombre hair would look unprofessional?

• long hair looks unprofessional if it's dyed
  • long hair looks unprofessional regardless
  • long dyed hair does not look unprofessional

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it depends on how long your hair is
    but generally I wouldn't say either long, or dyed hair
    looks unproffesional.. perhaps it will if you have something
    like a mohawk.. or this:
    skimon.com/.../frog-hairstyle.jpg

But I have white/silver'ish hair, myself, and I've
    been told it looks classy, from employers.. so yeah. ^.~

• ahahaha this is great! wasn't planning something exactly like this but who knows? :p

• and i think silver hair looks awesome on people who can pull it off! i know one of the hairdressers at my salon has it and it's a pixie cut and she looks amazing. i would look ridiculous though haha

What Guys Said 4

• I voted C, and if you need to look "extra professional", tie it up. That's what stewardesses often do.
    It would be ashame to cut your hair short to look professional! Long hairs look far to nice :-)

• C, just don't dye your hair turquoise or some unnatural color and you'll be fine :)

• keep it at a neutral color

• My girlfriend keeps her hair up when she works in the hospital. What are you in med school for?

What Girls Said 4

• It honestly depends on the person. I know for myself, I had long hair that was nearly down to my belly button and I just recently cut it into an asymmetrical bob. In retrospect, my long hair made me look a little more childish and my new hair adds a bit more maturity. But it really depends on the profession and features of a person.

• From 14 to 18 I let my hair grow just past my waist.
    Guys were crazy for it.
    It was just too much work to keep it up so I shortened it to just below my shoulders.
    :)

• If its neat and in good condition and stuff it looks proffesional cause its sleek lol

• It really depends on the person and how they wear it.