Are Tattoos Sexy?

Ok well I'm 17 and I was planning on getting a sleeve tattoo. It will cover nearly all of my right pec muscle and shoulder and go down my right arm to about 5 inches from the wrist. It Is A Bold outline Of a Tribal/ Asian Dragon With A lot of small details inside the dragon. IT wraps around my arm and the head is on my pec muscle. regardless of my tattoo are sleeve tattoos sexy or no?

I wanted to do a bold panther outline but it didn't fit well in my mind. I also heard that tattoos look better on darker males is that true?

Most Helpful Girl

• it doesn't matter what we think, you're going to run into people who don't like it and you'll run into people who totally dig it. I love pec and shoulder tattoos on guys. I don't like sleeves because they tend to end abruptly above the wrist and I don't like that line. dragons are cool, a bit cliche, but they're cool. I personally prefer lions or tattoos of Spanish ships (i've never seen one, but I think the ships would be pretty hot.)

anyway, you can't satisfy everyone, I've got 2 small tattoos and I know that for some guys, they would be deal breakers, even though they're subtle and small.

girls tend to be more accepting of tattoos on guys than guys are of them on girls, so I think you'll have plenty of fans.

• Darker meaning what? tan guys look better with bright colors. fair guys look better with light colors and earth tones. on black guys, black ink is really the only possibility.

• Then your skin is pretty ideal. a lot of colors will compliment you. try mixing in some colored accents so it's not all black.

What Girls Said 8

• Everyone is different. A tattoo is going to give some people pre-conceived notions, because a lot of people are sheep and instead of taking the time to know someone, they will use superficial details to discern aspects of someone's character and possibly reasons to alienate them. Just know that the way you look does send out a signal and be sure your tattoo is going to give off some vibes to someone. If it's what you really want then be true to yourself, just go into it knowing not everyone is going to "get" it. I personally dig tattoos, but I know a lot of people who don't.

• Depends on the kind of girl you're into. I think well done tattoos, especially sleeves, are HOT.

But you have to ask yourself, "Am I really into the type of girl who isn't going to dig, or at least accept, my tattoos?" if your answer is yes, tattoos may not be for you.

• Well my girlfriend loves them but I wanted a more of a overall answer considering its permanent.

• Right. Well, my point still stands. Lets say you didn't have a girlfriend. Would you go for a girl who hates tattoos? If so, maybe your not serious enough about them to get them.

• I'll add-

I dated a guy who eventually amitted to me he didn't think girls should have tattoos (he had tattoos, sh*tty ones), and that it was a huge turnoff (after I told him I was planning on getting more tattoos). Made me feel like sh*t.

Anyway not only am I a turnoff to that kinda guy, that kind of guy seriously turns me off.

• sometimes. my boyfriend has a load of piercings which I'm not against but I probably wouldn't further encourage him to get any more. as long as you don't overdo it, it should be fine

• Hmmm.. Wait.. Your only 17.. That's a HUGE f***in decision.. Wait it out.. Tatoos are always gonna be around.. Start off small first..

Ra rA

• tattoos are actually a huge turnoff to me, but it's your arm- do what you want!

• Tattoo is not sexy. Tattoo is bad.

• there is this guy in my class who has some type of design that is on the back of his arm above his elbow...i think its a tribal design with different colors...so sexy...just don't over do it...one or two is nice but more is not appealing

• I know that a lot of girls like them, but they're a huge turn off for me.

What Guys Said 5

• One thing is..think about what you want to do with your life... A tattoo of that size will not look good to your employer, unless you plan on working at a tattoo shop, cd shop, head shop, porn shop, coffee shop, gas station. I don't think mcdonalds would even hire. When you are young things don't matter that much to us. we live in the moment..but, think about your future..hopefully you didn't get a tattoo based on the sexyness of it...

• Good luck getting a real job in the future with a tat that goes down to your wrist. Only thing worse would be getting a tat on your face, I know I know Mike Tyson did it, well here's the thing he is Mike Tyson and he does pretty much what he wants end of story.

• I got my tattoos because I thought they would be sexy. Turns out, most girls either think they are cute or silly. Or cute and silly. I should have asked around what people thought before I permanently put playboy bunnies on my arms.

If you don't already have a tattoo you really don't know how permanent tattoos are. My bunnies are there morning, noon, night, showering, swimming, poking out at dinner under my shirt. A lot of pictures of me are like the cover of the playboy magazine, where there is always a bunny logo showing. I close my eyes and see playboy bunnies...It's only been a year and I can't imagine *not* having playboy bunnies on my arms. Some days I do wish I didn't have tattoos so I could go out and not have people stare sometimes.

link

• bad choice, sleeve tats aren't in and only goth - emo girl would like it. that's like 15% of the population. If I was you I wouldn't do it but I do have one on my back. Plus a sleeve tat doesn't look good for jobs. It just hold you back

• NO!