Is it possible to be barefoot all year?

Im tired of wearing socks/closed shoes, i live in an apartment and i go up and down barefoot, my neighbors dont mind, some of them also go barefoot all day long. I work in an office and i wear heels, but i think theyre just so uncomfortable so sometimes i take them off while im alone and it just feels so good. I know shoes are required to go hiking, drive, fly on a plane, etc. i know its silly but i can't stand shoes, i try to go everywhere i can barefoot (24/7 in my house, park, mall, walking my dog) and i take my flip flops (only shoes i can stand) off anywhere i can (concerts, office, friends house, airplane, etc). Im aware im weird but can someone tell me if i can be barefoot for a year and more. And do u feel like me too?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• Actually, it's not illegal in any state to drive barefoot. Shoes might be required to fly on a plane, but that is a rule that the airline makes, not a federal regulation. In the past, the FAA had a rule against being on a plane barefoot for anyone over the age of 5. However, they have since done away with that rule, and now it depends upon the airline, most of which still enforce the rule. As for hiking... there are some very dedicated hikers who hike barefoot. I myself have done it and enjoyed it immensely.

Also, you're not weird. I also do not like shoes. I take them off every chance I get - and I purposely wear shoes that are easy to slip off like sandals so that even if I have to have them to go into a place, I can slip them off as soon as I am seated.

I have sometimes thought about the future and whether our society can eliminate pavement and cement and broken glass so that those of us who prefer to be barefoot can walk around comfortably in soft grass and fuzzy carpets.

However, in answer to your original question - it is possible to go barefoot for an entire year, but your activities will be severely restricted. You probably won't be able to fly - you won't be able to get into most restaurants. You will be asked to leave many stores and you definitely cannot enter government buildings because they have a federal regulation about bare feet in govt. buildings. You also may have to use a public restroom at some point and even I won't go into a public restroom barefooted. Who knows what the last person had on their shoes or did while they were in the bathroom. Hope that helped. Also, what EhenHeb said: Barefoot girls are sexy as hell.

• Considering I think women's feet can be quite attractive, I certainly support this approach.

• Thank u! When i walk around barefoot, sometimes, some guys say that my feet are really nice, i thought it was some kind of joke but I guess they were saying it seriously :)

• I'm sure they were serious. A lot of guys notice. I mean, isn't that partly why you get pedicures?

I always like spring, when I get to see open toe sandals return.

• You need to wear shoes but YOU DO NOT NEED TO WEAR SNEAKERS

Nobody in heaven wears sneakers and you won't be wearing sneakers in heaven

Sneakers didn't exist before WWII and the sneakers that existed from the 1950s through the 1970s aren't what millennials and gen zers would call sneakers

About 15 percent of americans don't wear sneakers and 20 something percent of europeans don't wear sneakers (keds and converse don't count for this poll)

And nearly ever extra terrestrial intelligent life being on other planets don't wear sneakers (that's zillions of living creatures right there that don't wear sneakers)

As long as you wear enclosed shoes with rubber soles you will be fine. Most gym classes and gyms will allow you to wear an alternative to sneakers. Weight Lifting shoes for weights, cleats for running, you don't need sneakers

No store on earth requires sneakers to be worn and most jobs don't require sneakers

NFL players aren't even required to wear sneakers (cleats are not sneakers)

• Well i think its just a great idea! I dont know if its possible but you would be considerate by a lot of guys SEXY!

• no don't do it. ur feet are going to turn into skeletons

• That's sexy

At my last job our office manager would walk around barefoot.. nobody complained

• Awesome! I wish everyone at my office were like your last office manager :)

• she was pretty much a horn dog also, does that describe you also?

What Girls Said 3

• I broke my knee so I'm in a cast from my ankle to my thigh. I can't get anything on my foot other than a flip flop and that sucks with crutches so I'm like totally barefoot 24/7 and I love it. I'm even hopping around at work with my bare feet and crutches :)

• It would depend on where you live. In a warm locale you might be able to. Maybe someplace like Hawaii.

• No way, you'll get cuts, your feet will be filthy, and winter will be painful. No way.